ML SWE team lead
Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class research team we’re focusing on using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, not vehicles that are told how to drive through hand-coded rules and maps, but ones which learn from experience and data.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
Where you'll have an impact
We’re looking for bold, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up, building our first cohort of engineers and you can be at the heart of this!
We are looking for Data Engineers to help build the data set that will solve autonomous driving.
This means you will:
- Work closely with our research, platform, and robotics engineers to create data pipelines that handle petabytes of training examples
- Work on making sure our data processing pipelines are reliable, scalable and robust
- Solve challenging problems of adding more intelligence to our data processing
- Identify important driving scenarios in our data
- Select the best quality data to train models on
Data is key to our vision: our end-to-end machine learning approach is fundamentally data-oriented. This makes the Data Engineer role an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of Wayve, with an opportunity to directly influence performance of self-driving algorithms.
What you'll bring to Wayve
- 3+ years of experience
- Expertise in building reliable data pipelines to handle large data sets
- Experience working closely with users, shaping data to fit their needs
- Experience working with data processing technologies such as Databricks / Apache Spark, Apache Beam and Airflow is a big plus
- Prior experience with Python, or the ability to learn quickly
- Some experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably Azure
- Some experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Some exposure to machine learning
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- Private onsite chef, in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.