Automotive Partnerships Manager
Automotive Partnerships Manager
London, Mountain View, or Hybrid
Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning. With our multi-national, world-class technical team, we’re building things differently.
We don’t think it’s scalable to tell an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent: capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our aim is to be the future of self-driving cars: the first to deploy in 100 cities across the world bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
The impact you will have
Wayve is looking for an experienced business development professional to join our Automotive Partnerships Team, forging innovative first-of-kind collaborations with global automakers and tier one suppliers on the path to fully autonomous driving. You will be responsible for all aspects of the engagement from strategic research, initial outreach, technical evaluation, deal structuring, negotiation, contract execution, testing and validation, and end-to-end program management.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
Given the small size of the team, you will be expected to run your own deals with minimal supervision, and we are therefore looking for a conscientious self-starter who is used to managing competing objectives under pressure.
- 7 years' experience in business roles in the automotive industry (OEM or tier one or two suppliers), with a portion focused on an autonomous mobility/ADAS related field
- Experience with automotive related contracts.
- Strong technical, drafting, research, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to explain complex matters in clear, accessible language
- Strong commercial/business acumen and judgment to allow effective negotiation of deal terms in the context of the wider commercial strategy
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative and be proactive in addressing new matters or challenges
- Well-developed prioritization skills and ability to deal with multiple projects and internal clients
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to collaborate with colleagues across teams, time zones, and business cultures
- Experience managing integration of complex, automotive-grade systems into vehicles at production scale and quality
- Deep understanding of emerging Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning systems
- Education: BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar experience.
This is our ideal candidate, but by no means the only candidate; we all have different strengths. If you don’t match 100% but believe you could do the job well, we would love to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of emerging technology and shape the future of transportation. If you have a passion for technology and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- Private onsite chef, in-house bar, lots of socials, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.