Principal Research Engineer
Who are we?
Our team is the first in the world to use autonomous vehicles on public roads using end-to-end deep learning, computer vision and reinforcement learning. Leveraging our multi-national world-class team of researchers and engineers, we’re using data to learn more intelligent algorithms to bring autonomy for everyone, everywhere. We aim to be the future of self-driving cars, learning from experience and data.
Where you’ll have an impact
We’re looking for bold, talented and creative people to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. We’re a growing start-up building our first cohort of engineers, and you can be at the heart of this!
We are looking for an experienced Research Engineer to help us in our journey to scale end-to-end neural networks for autonomous driving. You’ll be working across our research team to build, integrate, test and scale algorithms, tools, and machine learning solutions for autonomous driving.
What you’ll bring to Wayve
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in an industrial research environment
- Passion to work in a team on research ideas that have real world impact
- Strong software engineering experience in Python and other relevant languages (especially C++ and CUDA)
- Ideally with direct experience working in at least one of computer vision, robotics, simulation, graphics, large language models
- Ideally with several years working on large-scale machine learning algorithms and systems
- BS, MS, or above in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
What we offer you
- Attractive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A unique position to shape the future of autonomy and tackle the biggest challenge of our time
- Bespoke learning and development opportunities
- Relocation support with visa sponsorship
- Flexible working hours - we trust you to do your job well, at times that suit you and your time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
Something looks off?