VulcanForms builds and operates advanced digital infrastructure, enabling the world’s critical industries to innovate, grow, and deliver sustainable impact. VulcanForms is a manufacturer of complex, high value components in industries such as medical, aerospace & defense, semiconductor, and consumer electronics. Founded in 2015, VulcanForms invented and commercialized the world’s first industrially scalable laser metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution and pioneered integrated digital production systems. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is seeking a General Manager for our VulcanTwo (V2) facility in Newburyport, MA.
As the General Manager at VulcanForms Inc., Newburyport, MA, you will be responsible for leading and directing the operation of the factory, cell performance and productivity projects, strategic planning, and general integration of the V2 operation into the corporate structure. In that role you are also day-to-day responsible for all aspects of manufacturing operations as it relates to health and safety regulations, export controls and fostering a safe and inclusive work culture while developing a team to achieve the highest standards. As a member of the VulcanForms leadership team you are expected to contribute to the corporate strategic roadmap and corporate wide tactical initiatives.
- Lead all day-to-day activities of the factory
- Ensure strict adherence to all EH&S and QMS rules and guidelines
- Contribute to the overall corporate strategic roadmap
- Own development and mentoring of direct reports to ensure high performance, competence, and behaviors consistent with company’s values and culture
- Close collaboration with all internal departments and external customers and prospects
- Own tactical initiatives at factory level, including continuous improvement and the development of new capabilities
- Be a key member of the S&OP team, planning and synchronizing all commercial and operational activities company wide
- Establish and communicate performance objectives and productivity initiatives
- Develop key performance goals for your team and manage the performance of the staff
- Evaluate risks as part of facility processes and develop contingency plans to mitigate risks
- Support Human Resources and Talent Acquisition initiatives for the site, including staffing needs
- Work with the commercial team to retain clients and to support new business
- Maintain operating budgets
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills
- 7+ years of leadership experience in related field, managing cross-functional teams and adhering to highest EH&S and quality standards
- Extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and experience applying principles such as Gemba walks, standard work, value stream mapping etc.
- Ability to acquire TS/SCI Security Clearance with Polygraph
- Extensive experience with ERP and other corporate planning tools
- Extensive performance management experience
- VulcanForms Inc. is a registered ITAR company. To conform to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package, including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and company-paid federal holidays
- 401(k) with company match and stock options