Senior Manufacturing Engineer
VulcanForms builds and operates advanced digital infrastructure enabling the world's critical industries to innovate, grow, and deliver sustainable impact. Founded in 2015, VulcanForms invented and commercialized the world's first industrially scalable laser additive metal manufacturing (AM) solution and pioneered integrated digital production systems. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms Inc. seeks a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Powder for our Devens, MA location.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Powder at VulcanForms Inc., Devens, MA, your main objective will beto design, develop, and deploy the metal powder value stream in the facility. You will set the foundation for our Additive Metal Foundries in this regard.
- Defines the powder management strategy for VulcanForms including powder preparation, testing, control, traceability, and reuse plan.
- Leads manufacturing capacity strategy including make versus buy strategy for this value stream.
- Develops and implements powder management processes to the manufacturing floor including definition, validation, and documentation. Design and source all required tooling, fixtures, and equipment.
- Ensure defined powder management process meets overall facility capacity, scrap, quality, labor, and CAPEX targets.
- Define and execute an advanced technology roadmap to scale powder management processes for future growth.
- Work with Production Associates to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment, and product design.
- Support Supply Chain team in sourcing of powder including technical evaluation, supplier audits, and supplier delivery issues.
- Ensure the safety of all associates by identifying safety issues and taking measures to proactively address concerns and adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the production team to drive product quality and continuous improvement.
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering with demonstrated ability to scope, design, install, commission, and launch manufacturing equipment and processes. At least one launch as system leader of an industrial powder handling system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA industrial standards around powder handling as it applies to safe process and equipment design.
- Experience with a variety of operations in powder handling for example material handling, sieving, blending, testing.
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing tools and processes (process planning, process failure mode and effect analysis, statistical process control, LEAN tools).
- Experience in additive metal manufacturing
- Demonstrated critical problem-solving skills. The ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way.
- Be technically curious with an always learning mindset that devises inventive solutions to unique problems.
- Capable of working in a detail oriented, structured, and documented method.
- Capable of working as a leader of the cross-functional team across several cross functional disciplines, including quality, facilities, production, supply chain, controls, external vendors, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 14 company-paid federal holidays.
- 401(k) with company match and stock options.