Manufacturing Engineer - Programmer
Arwood Machine, A VulcanForms Company, is a well-established ISO-9001:2008, AS9100C-certified high-precision job shop in Newburyport, Massachusetts. Founded in 1964, Arwood has continually invested in various new technologies, robotic automation, and machine tools to ensure we remain a world-class, cutting-edge manufacturer.
Arwood Machine seeks a Manufacturing Engineer / Programmer for our Newburyport, MA, location.
As a Manufacturing Engineer / Programmer at Arwood Machine, Newburyport, MA, you will design, direct, and coordinate the production processes for our manufactured products. You will be involved in New Product Introduction and Continuous Improvement of existing products. You will strive to leverage new technology, advanced cutting techniques, and a host of LEAN manufacturing methods to improve quality and reduce cycle times and costs.
Manufacturing engineers apply scientific principles to create processes to manufacture our components and sub-assemblies. You are a key team member in producing a wide range of products. In all cases, manufacturing engineers design the processes, procedures, work instructions, and systems by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, work holding, cutting tools, and materials to manufacture products to our customer's specifications. These steps ensure perfect quality at the best possible price for our customers. You will work independently at times and collaborate as a team with all functional departments on specific projects. Expectations are that you will strictly adhere to all company policies, procedures, and standards when creating work instructions.
- Develop solid models and detailed prints using the latest version of SolidWorks or Mastercam.
- Write NC programs using the latest version of Mastercam.
- Develop detailed work instructions and quality documentation.
- Review and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Support operations with problem-solving, troubleshooting, and technical issues.
- Maintain configuration management by properly naming and saving electronic files and programs.
- Complete all work assignments, design, and development projects with minimal supervision.
- Enhance professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team environment by accomplishing results while cohesively working as a team member.
- Work within the framework and always abide by Arwood's QMS (Quality Management System) and the requirements of the OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Promote the use and adherence to our company's 7S and LEAN philosophies.
- Receptive to and communicate all ideas for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role within the manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of robotic loading and automation using Fanuc robots
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling
- Expert knowledge of CNC machining (milling, turning, grinding, EDM)
- Knowledge of particular processes, including heat treatment, metal joining, coatings, NDT, assembly, and thermal barrier coatings
- Expert in blueprint reading, GDT tolerance, composite tolerances, and dimensional inspection
- Thorough understanding of work-holding design utilizing SMED techniques
- Decision-making ability: display a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain the reasoning. Include appropriate people in the decision-making process; make timely decisions
- Demonstrated ability to program CNC equipment
- Technical competence and a high degree of mechanical aptitude (understanding software, hardware, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Determine ways to improve and promote quality
- Prolonged periods of standing or sitting.
- Must use required safety protection when and where required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, PTO, paid Holidays.