Powder Process Technician
VulcanForms builds and operates advanced digital infrastructure enabling the world’s critical industries to innovate, grow, and deliver sustainable impact. Founded in 2015, VulcanForms invented and commercialized the world’s first industrially scalable laser metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution and pioneered integrated digital production systems. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms is hiring a Powder Process Technician for our Devens, MA, location.
As Powder Process Technician at VulcanForms Inc., Devens, MA, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials used in our advanced digital manufacturing processes. Your meticulous attention to detail, adherence to strict safety protocols, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment will contribute to the overall success of our operations. Specifically, you will be responsible for the storing, moving, loading, and managing of hazardous metal powders, including Titanium, Nickel, and Chromium based alloys.
At VulcanForms Inc., we are a manufacturer of complex, high-value engineered components in serial production, utilizing the world's most powerful additive foundry. Our facility is state-of-the-art, featuring a clean and climate-controlled working environment. Alongside handling hazardous materials, your duties will also involve general maintenance, cleaning, organization of supplies, inventory control, and documentation within our ERP system.
It's important to note that the Powder Process Technician position at VulcanForms Inc. follows a schedule from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Handle hazardous materials, including reactive metal powders, chemicals, and gases, in accordance with established protocols and safety regulations.
- Ensure proper labeling, storage, and organization of hazardous materials to prevent accidents, spills, or cross-contamination. Perform general housekeeping tasks, including 6S implementation.
- Operate various machinery including pallet jacks and forklifts to handle materials and inventory.
- Maintain accurate records of hazardous materials inventory, including tracking quantities, expiration dates, and storage locations.
- Follow all applicable safety guidelines, including but not limited to OSHA regulations and company-specific protocols.
- Handle hazardous waste generated during manufacturing processes. Segregate, package, and label waste materials appropriately for proper disposal or recycling.
- Implement appropriate containment and mitigation measures to minimize risks and protect personnel, equipment, and the environment.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to hazardous materials handling, incidents, waste disposal, and safety inspections.
- Collaboration and Training: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including manufacturing, engineering, and safety departments, to ensure effective communication and coordination of hazardous materials-related activities.
- Support training initiatives by providing expertise and guidance on safe handling practices.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant safety regulations and best practices, including OSHA standards.
- Familiarity with hazardous materials classification, labeling, and storage requirements.
- Experience in metal LPBF and additive manufacturing environment
- Experience with metal powders
- Knowledge and experience with 6S
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Physical fitness and the capability to lift and carry heavy loads weighing up to 60 lbs while adhering to safety protocols.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Completion of forklift operator training.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Some knowledge of Import/Export Compliance, Hazardous Materials documentation, ITAR, Incoterms (Commercial Invoices, Shipper Export Declaration).
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package, including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and company-paid federal holidays
- 401(k) with company match and stock options