Metallographic Lab Technician
VulcanForms builds and operates advanced digital infrastructure enabling the world's critical industries to innovate, grow, and deliver sustainable impact. Founded in 2015, VulcanForms invented and commercialized the world's first industrially scalable laser metal additive manufacturing (AM) solution and pioneered integrated digital production systems. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
VulcanForms Inc. seeks a Metallographic Lab Technician for our Devens, MA, location.
As the Metallographic Lab Technician at VulcanForms, Devens, MA, you will prepare metallic samples for engineering evaluation and part process qualification. VulcanForms Inc. is a manufacturer of complex, high value engineered components in serial production at the world's most powerful additive foundry.
You will perform all critical processes of metallography and provide documented results to multiple teams, such as Materials and Process Engineering. You will work in an industrial setting, where moving mechanical parts and chemicals, including acids, is expected. The right candidate will demonstrate a high regard for safety protocols.
The Metallographic Technician role is an exciting and challenging hands-on position. It requires manual dexterity, good visualization of 3D objects, great attention to detail, and solid organizational skills. While experience in metallography is preferred, VulcanForms will provide the required training to suitable candidates regardless of background. The growth potential for the right candidate is significant.
- Perform routine metallographic preparations, including sectioning, grinding, polishing, etching, and imaging samples for analysis and reporting
- Organize and maintain lab equipment, supplies, and space through preventative maintenance, inspections, and cleaning
- Directly interact with Engineering team members to provide results and lab support for varied projects.
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Comply with all safety protocols and actively foster a safe work environment
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Experience performing analysis and tests in a lab setting
- Experience in Metallography, Metallurgy, or Material Sciences
- Attention to detail in regards to day-to-day work and safety protocols
- Knowledge and experience with safe chemical storage and handling
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package, including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and company-paid federal holidays
- 401(k) with company match and stock options