Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Who Are We
Voxel is building the future of Computer Vision and Machine Learning for operations, risk, and safety. We use computer vision and AI to enable existing security cameras to automatically detect hazards and high-risk activities, keep people safe and drive operational efficiencies. Our technology addresses the key cost drivers for workers’ compensation, general liability, and property damage, which cost employers over $500 billion annually.
We are looking for engineers who are excited by the thought of building a large scale video and data processing infrastructure from the ground up. As a software engineer on the platform team, you will be working directly on the systems that power our ML pipeline, Web platform, and Edge devices. You will leverage both your software and infrastructure engineering experience to lay the foundation for critical services which customers depend on to make their workplaces safer. As part of the platform team you will collaborate with engineers on other teams to help ensure the reliability and availability of our product.
What You'll Do
- You will contribute to the development, scaling, and securing of large distributed systems, data processing pipelines, access control systems, and Cloud APIsSolve unique technical challenges
- Develop, test, and deploy services within the Voxel ecosystem
- Influence the technical direction of the teamUphold high code quality and architectural design standards
- Design scalable and resilient systems and services
- Collaborate with passionate engineers, product managers, and team members
- 5+ Years of experience and are knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and micro-services.
- Built & shipped multiple products / versions of products.
- Interested in architecting and designing a wide-array of software products.
- Experience building large distributed systems and scalability.
- Proficiency in building services in at least one of the public cloud services, Azure, AWS or GCP
Join Voxel and make a meaningful impact: At Voxel, we offer a unique opportunity to be part of a company that is transforming workplace safety through AI-powered solutions including applied Computer Vision. Your contributions will directly impact the safety of workers across industries, revolutionizing workplace safety practices.