Senior Product Designer
We are fighting tomorrow’s war with yesterday’s technology.
A new space race has begun. Until recently, only governments and civilian agencies could afford to access space. The flood gates of the new space economy are now open and with incredible opportunity comes myriad complex challenges. The pace of threats is accelerating and the organizations charged with protecting and defending space are falling further behind. A new breed of commercial companies are required to rapidly design, develop, and deploy solutions to both known and unknown space security problems.
Enter True Anomaly
We are revolutionizing space security and sustainability with fully-integrated mission technologies designed to protect the interests of the United States, its Allies, and partners. We operate at the intersection of autonomous vehicles and big data to deliver unmatched capabilities on-orbit for decision advantage here on earth.
- Be the offset. We create asymmetric advantages with creativity and ingenuity
- What would it take? We challenge assumptions to deliver ambitious results
- It’s the people. Our team is our competitive advantage and we are better together
As the first Senior Product Designer at True Anomaly, you will be responsible for designing innovative Mission Control, training, and simulation interfaces from the ground-up for a fleet of autonomous pursuit vehicles in space. You will work closely with our engineering and product teams to create exceptional user experiences that meet the needs of our customers across multiple product lines.
This is a rare opportunity to join on the ground floor and get a seat at the table for defining the design; philosophy, system, team, processes, and operations that you always wanted.
- Develop innovative and intuitive user experiences for Mission Control, training, and simulation interfaces for autonomous pursuit vehicles in space.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product teams to ensure that designs are technically feasible and aligned with product goals.
- Create detailed wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that effectively communicate design concepts and interactions.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to validate design decisions and improve user satisfaction.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that designs are implemented to the highest standard.
- Continuously improve and iterate on designs based on user feedback and product goals.
- Contribute to the development of design systems and maintain design libraries to ensure consistency across products.
- 5+ years of experience in product design/UX, with a portfolio focus on complex interfaces and workflows.
- Experience in space products is highly preferred, experience with other systems that require remote operations (UAV, UUV) accepted.
- Expertise in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity building design systems, and creating and maintaining design libraries.
- Must be able to frequently travel to our Denver facilities for in-person design sprints and other critical collaboration sessions
- [Bonus] Game/3D design or designing for Unity experiences
LOCATION: local to Denver, CO working a hybrid schedule
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. True Anomaly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.