Staff Design Verification Power Management
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
As a Design Verification Power Management Engineer at Tenstorrent, you will contribute to the verification efforts of power management features in our digital designs. Your responsibilities will include creating comprehensive verification plans, developing testbenches, and performing functional and performance testing to validate power management functionality. Join us in shaping the future of AI Hardware by ensuring our products meet the highest standards of quality and power efficiency.
- Develop and execute detailed verification plans for power management features, ensuring comprehensive coverage of functionality and performance.
- Collaborate closely with design, architecture, and software teams to understand power management requirements and specifications.
- Create advanced verification environments using industry-standard methodologies and languages (e.g., SystemVerilog, UVM) to test power management features.
- Design and implement testbenches, test cases, and coverage plans specific to power management verification.
- Develop power-aware simulations to analyze power consumption under different operational scenarios.
- Work closely with physical design and power management teams to validate the implementation of power-saving techniques.
- Analyze and debug complex functional and performance issues related to power management.
- Contribute to the development of verification tools and methodologies, improving efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of verified power management features.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in power management verification methodologies, tools, and industry trends.
- Participate in design reviews, offering insights on power management verification strategies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Proven track record in design verification with a focus on power management features.
- Expertise in verification methodologies such as UVM (Universal Verification Methodology).
- Proficiency in SystemVerilog and other industry-standard verification languages.
- Strong understanding of digital design, power management techniques, and low-power design principles.
- Experience with verification tools and simulators, such as Questa, VCS, or similar.
- Familiarity with power formats such as UPF (Unified Power Format) for specifying power intent is advantageous.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze power management issues.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python, Perl) for testbench automation is a plus.
- Prior experience in CPU or RISCV architecture] related to power management verification is advantageous.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.