Sr. Software Engineer - Compiler
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Sr. Software Engineer with expertise in compilers and semiconductor technology to join our team. As a Senior Software Engineer - Compiler Specialist, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and optimizing compilers for cutting-edge semiconductor products. You will work closely with hardware engineers, software engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure the efficient and effective execution of compiler-related tasks.
Austin, TX | Santa Clara, CA | Toronto, ON
- Develop machine learning graph compiler
- Benchmark, analyze, and optimize performance of key machine learning applications across Tenstorrent's hardware and software stack
- Develop performance analysis and estimation infrastructure that feeds into Tenstorrent compiler
- Integrate the Tenstorrent software into leading machine learning frameworks
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to discover the hardware and software requirements of current and future machine learning applications
Experience & Qualifications
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Familiarity with common AI/ML models, and basics of machine learning operations (matrix multiplications, convolutions, etc.)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and software development in C/C++.
- Expertise in Python.
- Familiarity with and passion for any of the following -- machine learning, compilers, parallel programming, high-performance and massively parallel systems, processor and computer architecture -- is a plus
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.