Principal Engineer - AI Accelerator Performance Modeling and Benchmarking
Software Engineering, Data Science
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Tenstorrent is seeking a talented and driven Software Engineer to join our dynamic team working on advanced AI accelerators. The successful candidate will primarily focus on performance modeling of our cutting-edge AI chips, benchmarking key workloads, and developing functional models. This role will also involve writing C++ kernels utilizing Tenstorrent's bare metal programming model and benchmarking their performance. As part of the role, the candidate will also be expected to benchmark different aspects of the accelerator, including DRAM, SRAM and NOC bandwidth.
Santa Clara, CA l Austin, TX l Boston, MA
- Develop a high-level performance model of AI chips.
- Conduct benchmarking for key workloads based on the performance model.
- Write a functional model based on the high-level performance model.
- Write C++ kernels and benchmarks using Tenstorrent's bare metal programming model.
- Carry out benchmarking of various system aspects such as DRAM bandwidth, SRAM bandwidth, and NOC bandwidth.
Experience & Qualifications
- A strong background in C++ programming is required.
- Experience in performance modeling and estimates.
- Experience with the Roofline model.
- Familiarity with CUDA/OpenCL programming.
- Familiarity with deep learning workloads and benchmarking is a plus.
- Experience in High Performance Computing (HPC) is a plus.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.