IP Support Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Acting as a technical IP champion, the IP Support/Packaging Engineer is responsible to work with the design team to generate IP collaterals, manage IP drops/deliveries to customers, manage IP SW releases, create IP documentations, and support customers with technical debugging and manage customer bugs.
- Work with the IP R&D team to test the IP drops, generate the IP collaterals, test the SW releases, create the technical documentation including integration guide, programming guide and packaging the IP for customer drops.
- Interface between customers and R & D to escalate requests for improvements and provide a good understanding of customer needs
- Owns all customer technical issues, utilizing all available resources to resolve those issues and achieve customer production.
- Helps customers with module level and system-level integration issues, providing local technical and logistical support to insure successful adoption
- Be a strong advocate for customer success within Tenstorrent
Experience & Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience in designing or developing IPs and SoC (System on Chip)
- Relevant front-end digital IP and ASIC design experience, from RTL, Verification to synthesis
- Working knowledge of SoC architecture, including CPU, Interfaces (from JTAG to AMBA), Fabric (Arteris and AXI) and other IP integration, DDR, optimization techniques to achieve power, performance and area goals.
- Experience with IP frontend CAD tools (Lint, CDC, Simulation) and backend tools (Synthesis, Equivalence/FEV, Timing, Place and route)
- Familiar with the entire chip development process including DFT (scan insertion, MBIST and LBIST), floor-planning, timing closure, power estimation, IR analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of Functional Safety requirements
- Knowledge of UVM, Makefiles, BASH, Python, C/C++, and DPI
- Knowledge of product engineering methodologies
- Knowledge of IP test methodologies
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting and crisis management skills
- Customer focused and enjoy working with them to help find solutions
- Experience in a customer facing role and/or working with a sales team
- Highly motivated, excellent problem solver and results-driven
- Good presentation, documentation and organizational skills
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Master’s degree is a plus.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.