Sr. Principal RAS Architect
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
We are seeking a talented and experienced RAS Architect (Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability) to join our team. As a RAS Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing robust and fault-tolerant systems, ensuring high levels of reliability, availability, and serviceability. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including hardware engineers, system architects, and software developers, to create designs that meet stringent reliability requirements and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Design and develop system-level RAS architectures for complex computing systems, data centers, or mission-critical applications.
- Define and analyze system-level reliability, availability, and serviceability requirements, ensuring compliance with industry standards and customer expectations.
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to identify potential points of failure, conduct failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and propose mitigation strategies.
- Develop fault detection, isolation, and recovery mechanisms to ensure system resilience and minimize downtime.
- Design redundancy and fault-tolerant mechanisms, including redundant components, error correction codes (ECC), and hot-swappable modules, to maximize system availability.
- Define and implement advanced diagnostics and monitoring capabilities to enable proactive system health management and predictive maintenance.
- Evaluate and select appropriate technologies and components to optimize reliability, availability, and serviceability, considering factors such as mean time between failures (MTBF), mean time to repair (MTTR), and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Collaborate with vendors and suppliers to assess and integrate their RAS-related solutions into the overall system architecture.
- Conduct system-level simulations, analysis, and testing to validate and verify the effectiveness of the RAS architecture and its components.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in RAS techniques, fault tolerance mechanisms, and industry trends to guide future system designs.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field. A Ph.D. is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of the interaction of machine check architecture and error flows with system firmware/software.
- Strong expertise in system-level architecture design, reliability engineering, and fault tolerance mechanisms, optimizing RAS architectures for complex computing systems, data centers, or mission-critical applications.
- Experience with fault-tolerant design principles and techniques, including redundancy, error correction codes (ECC), and error recovery mechanisms.
- Proficiency in system-level simulation tools and methodologies (e.g., fault injection, reliability block diagrams, failure rate analysis).
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to analyze complex system-level issues.
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices related to reliability, availability, and serviceability (e.g., ISO 26262, IEC 61508, MIL-STD-2167A) is a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience on post silicon reliability analysis.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.