Hardware/PCB Design Engineer - Staff/Principal
Other Engineering, Design
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
We are seeking a Hardware Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidates will have a background in electrical engineering, electronics or relevant field, with experience in mid to high speed PCB design, wire harnessing, simulation/extraction, soldering and bring-up, and other related duties. Must love all things high speed!
- Design and layout of complex, 16+ layer PCBs, driving designs from concept through to production.
- Create and maintain schematic drawings, BOMs, and manufacturing files.
- Assist with simulation and extraction of board models for SI and PI.
- Generate wire harnessing drawings, as needed, for various projects.
- Collaborate with internal and external mechanical engineers to ensure PCB design compatibility with enclosures, thermal systems, and other mechanical components.
- Participate in design reviews, providing input on an area of expertise.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to PCB design and layout, assemble and field failures.
- Document design processes and provide training to other team members as necessary.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 5+ years of experience in the high speed digital field.
- Significant experience in mid to high speed PCB design and layout, at least 10Gbps (100GbE, GDDR6, PCIe Gen+, etc..).
- Architecture of multi-board solutions, connector selection and thermal impact a bonus.
- Experience with debugging radiated emissions and knowledge of best design practices to minimize emissions.
- Exposure to high speed performance, ICR, NEXT and FEXT an asset.
- Familiarity with mechanical design considerations and their application in PCB design.
- Proficiency with any of the main PCB ECAD tools, Altium preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to think critically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.