DevOps Engineer (Automation and Software Tooling)
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
As a Tenstorrent DevOps Engineer, you will play a critical role in building and maintaining our robust and scalable development and testing infrastructure. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, system administrators, and QA, to ensure the availability, reliability, and performance of our development and testing environments. A significant part of your work is focused on automating these processes and improving our tools in this area.
- Design, implement, and maintain automation tools and frameworks to streamline software delivery and infrastructure management processes.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure reliable and efficient deployment pipelines, continuous integration, and delivery workflows.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and address performance bottlenecks, availability issues, and other infrastructure-related problems.
- Create and maintain infrastructure-as-code (IaC) templates using tools like Terraform, Ansible, or CloudFormation to enable the provisioning and management of cloud resources.
- Implement and manage containerization technologies such as Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes for scalable and resilient deployments.
- Collaborate with security teams to implement and enforce best practices for securing infrastructure and applications.
- Participate in incident response and troubleshooting activities to identify root causes and implement preventive measures.
- Continuously research and evaluate emerging technologies, tools, and methodologies to drive innovation and improve operational efficiency.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role, with a focus on automation and software tooling.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD principles and experience with build and release management tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or CircleCI.
- Proficient in scripting and programming languages such as Python, Bash, or Go, with the ability to write clean, efficient, and reusable code.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, including TCP/IP, load balancing, and DNS.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proactive and analytical mindset.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with observability tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, or ELK stack.
- Knowledge of infrastructure monitoring and logging frameworks like Nagios, Datadog, or Splunk.
- Understanding of security best practices and experience with securing cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and working in an Agile development environment.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?