Staff Package Design Engineer - SIPI, Routing and Layout
Marketing & Communications, Product, Design
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Tenstorrent is seeking motivated individuals to join its newly formed packaging team. We have multiple positions available for mid- to senior levels of experience. The focus area for hiring is Signal/Power integrity, routing and layout, and process technology. We're growing!
- · Design and develop package solutions for IC products, considering electrical, thermal, and mechanical requirements.
- · Work closely with chip design engineers to optimize package design for the specific IC product.
- · Conduct simulations and analyses to ensure package performance meets requirements.
- · Develop and implement package manufacturing processes and procedures.
- · Collaborate with external vendors and partners to ensure timely delivery of package components (external design, manufacturing, and assembly)
- · Perform package testing and validation to ensure product quality and reliability.
- · Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that packaging solutions meet product specifications and customer requirements.
- · Prior experience in developing packages based on chiplets and optical modules is an asset.
- · Minimum 5 years of experience in IC package design, development, and testing.
- · Signal Integrity analysis of high-speed signals and interfaces
- · Power/Signal integrity from silicon to package to PCB
- · HS/LS signal routing, bump and BGA mapping, and layout design
- · Package technology, manufacturing, and process development
- · Strong knowledge of package design tools, simulation software, and analysis techniques.
- · Proficient in packaging materials, thermal management, and electrical interconnects.
- · Experience with package manufacturing processes and procedures.
- · Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- · Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- · Take the initiative, and make cross-functional team alignment.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?