Lead CPU Performance Correlation Engineer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Silicon performance verification, correlation, characterization and tuning for CPUs. The person coming into this role will be responsible for pre-silicon performance verification as well as developing tests to characterize CPU performance, analyzing and profiling software/applications, correlating and comparing performance between RTL, performance and DV models.
- Drive the verification of a certain area of performance features in a chip design.
- Work closely with architects and RTL designers on verifying the performance features of the design and correlating with performance models (simulation, emulation and post-silicon)
- Develop test plans and test infrastructure/tools for performance tuning, correlation, and verification
- Develop tests in assembly, C/C++, or vectors to debug and correlate the RTL and performance model
- Develop C/C++/SV based checkers for verifying the performance features
- Develop coverage monitors and analyze coverage to ensure all performance features are covered
- Debug performance issues and conduct performance tuning on silicon
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with vast amount of relevant experience
- Experience with performance modeling, processor verification, or RTL design
- Experience in developing performance test plans and writing/debugging assembly tests for performance correlation and verification
- Good programming skills in assembly, C/C++, Verilog, System Verilog, and scriptingExperience with computer architecture/system components/network/fabrics as a part of a CPU, ASIC or SOC design team
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
- Prior experience in industry standard ISAs – ARM, RISC-V, X86 preferred
- Prior experience with instruction profiling and validation on silicon preferred
Multiple geographies: Santa Clara, Austin, Bangalore (India), Portland, Cambridge (UK), Remote (US)
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?