RISC-V Embedded Software Engineering
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
As a RISC-V Embedded Software Engineer at Tenstorrent, you will be a critical contributor to our work to design, develop, and integrate RISC-V based software solutions for advanced embedded systems. You will play a critical role in shaping the direction of our software development efforts and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and industry partners to deliver exceptional results.
- Development of Tenstorrent’s embedded software for embedded system components.
- Work in a team of software engineers on the design, development, and integration of RISC-V based software solutions for high-end embedded applications.
- Collaborate with hardware, systems, and firmware teams to define system and software requirements to ensure seamless integration of software and hardware components.
- Together with other team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning, innovation, and collaboration.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in RISC-V and embedded software development.
- Engage with customers, partners, and industry stakeholders to identify opportunities for collaboration and promote the adoption of RISC-V in the industry.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Proven experience in delivering complex software projects on time and within budget.
- Understanding of embedded software development processes and common software stacks.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ and one or more of Python, Rust or Go.
- Expertise in RTOS, Linux, and embedded systems programming.
- Passion for staying current with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with other CPU architectures, such as ARM, x86, or MIPS.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Proven experience engaging with open-source communities.
- Experience with Yocto, Android and similar embedded operating systems.
- Experience with AI/ML technologies and their integration in systems.
- Knowledge of functional safety standards and their impact on embedded systems design is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a startup environment.
We are open to this role being remote.
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?