Principal Compiler Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Level Compiler Engineer with a strong focus on Machine Learning (ML) models to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing ML models for our products, with a focus on improving performance and efficiency. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement compiler features, including optimization algorithms and code generation.
- Participate in the co-design of Tenstorrent's hardware and software stack
- Benchmark, analyze, and optimize performance of key machine learning applications across Tenstorrent's hardware and software stack
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement compiler features, including optimization algorithms, code generation, and language front-ends
- Work with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements and deliver high-quality solutions that meet those needs
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and trends in ML models and compiler technology, and incorporate these insights into our products
Experience & Qualifications
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience with algorithms, data structures, and software development in C/C++. Python expertise is welcome as well
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Familiarity with and passion for any of the following -- machine learning, compilers, parallel programming, high-performance and massively parallel systems, processor and computer architecture -- is a plus
Santa Clara / Hybrid
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.