Staff Technical Program Manager - Physical Design
IT, Design, Operations
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
This hybrid role is for a technical program manager with a background in physical design. Tenstorrent has simultaneous projects active in the pursuit of high-performance designs going into industry leading AI/ML architectures. The person coming into this role will be active in the design of an AI/ML or CPU processor, serve as an externally facing representative of the team, help with project milestones and commitments, analyze deliverable dependencies, and help ensure cross-team alignment of priorities.
- Own a place and route block to immersively understand the design team challenge
- Lead cross-functional teams of engineers, design, and manufacturing to execute on project objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including chip architects, circuit designers, and manufacturing teams to ensure design and manufacturing processes are aligned with project goals.
- Own the Physical Design Specification with versions for external clients, for internal stakeholders, and (the most detailed) for the PD Team
- Compute and CAD license usage analysis
- Project management of design services partners
- Various aspects of client interface including direct retrieval of design collaterals, milestone tracking, and status updates
- Foundry communications interface
- Create web-based block status dashboard
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management in the semiconductor industry.
- Experience with synthesis, place and route flows and tools
- Good familiarity with timing, EM/IR, power analysis, and physical verification
- Well organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Evidence for building and maintaining relationships with internal teams and external clients
Position can be located in Austin, TX or Santa Clara, CA
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?