Shared Cache / L2 Verification Engineer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Shared Cache / L2 Verification Engineer:
Experienced engineer focused on L2/Shared Cache verification for high-performance CPUs. The person coming into this role will work on a server class L2/Shared Cache unit
- Functional and performance verification of the L2/Shared Cache unit for a from-scratch high performance CPU while working closely with Architecture and RTL team
- Develop detailed block level verification plans for L2/Shared Cache that includes both architectural (RISCV ISA) and microarchitectural functionality
- Design and develop reusable block level testbench components in SV, UVM and C++, that include microarchitectural models, monitors, checkers
- Develop random and directed stimulus that spans pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon domain
- Evaluate and integrate open-source toolchains into the DV flow
- Develop DV environment, tools and infrastructure to enable functional verification for pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon
- Work with design, test and post silicon validation teams to ensure high quality delivery of the L2/Shared Cache block
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of experience
- Strong background and experience with high performance OOO CPU microarchitecture especially with load/store, caches and memory subsystem
- Experience working on an x86, ARM or RISCV based CPU
- Architectural understanding of address translation, memory ordering, cache coherence protocols, memory consistency, multi-processors and fabric topologies
- Significant experience debugging RTL and DV in a simulation environment
- Verification methodologies and techniques – Simulation/debug, TB development, stimulus, checking, coverage, infrastructure, tools
- Experience with C++ / SV / UVM as well as scripting languages
- Experience with hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) and simulators (VCS, NC, Verilator)
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
Multiple geographies: Austin, Santa Clara
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?