Staff Design for Test Engineer
Design, Quality Assurance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Position is Design for Test and Design for Debug (DFT/DFD or DFx) engineer for high-performance designs going into industry leading AI/ML architecture. The person coming into this role will be involved in all aspects of implementation and verification of advanced DFx techniques for various IPs. High level challenges include reducing test cost while attaining high coverage, and facilitating debug and yield learnings while minimizing design intrusions. The work is done alongside with a group of highly experienced engineers across various domains of the AI ASIC.
- ATPG and test coverage analysis using industry standard tools.
- JTAG, Scan Compression, and ASST implementation.
- Gate level simulation using Synopsys VCS and Verdi.
- Support silicon bring-up and debug.
- MBIST planning, implementation, and verification.
- Support Test Engineering on planning, patterns, and debug.
- Develop efficient DFx flows and methodology compatible with front end and physical design flows.
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of industry experience in advanced DFx techniques.
- DFx experience implementing in finFET technologies.
- Experience with industry standard ATPG and DFx insertion CAD tools.
- Familiarity with SystemVerilog and UVM.
- Fluent in RTL coding for DFx logic including lock-up latches, clock gates, and scan anchors.
- Understanding of low-power design flows such as power gating, multi-Vt and voltage scaling.
- Good understanding of high-performance, low-power design fundamentals.
- Knowledge of fault models including Stuck-at, Transition, Gate-Exhaustive, Path Delay, IDDQ, and Cell Aware.
- Exposure to post-silicon testing and tester pattern debug are major assets.
- Experience with Fault Campaigns a plus.
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies.
Austin, TX | Santa Clara, CA |Fort Collins, CO
Compensation for all engineers at Tenstorrent ranges from $100k - $500k including base and variable compensation targets. Experience, skills, education, background and location all impact the actual offer made.