Lead Fabric/Memory subsystem RTL Engineer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Tenstorrent is leading the industry on cutting-edge AI technology, revolutionizing performance expectations, ease of use, and cost efficiency. With AI redefining the computing paradigm, solutions must evolve to unify innovations in software models, compilers, platforms, networking, and semiconductors. Our diverse team of technologists have developed a high performance RISC-V CPU from scratch, and share a passion for AI and a deep desire to build the best AI platform possible. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems. We are growing our team and looking for contributors of all seniorities.
Fabric/Memory subsystemRTL/Microarchitecture Engineer:
Experienced engineer focused on Fabric / Memory SubsystemMicroarchitecture and RTL for high-performance CPUs. The person coming into this role will work on a server class Fabric
- RTL design and Microarchitecture of a high-performance Fabric used in a data center class from-scratch CPU, working closely with the DV and PD team
- RTL coding in Verilog leveraging on both industry tools as well as open-source infrastructure
- Work with design, test and post silicon validation teams for high quality delivery of the Fabric and Memory Subsystem
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party IP components in the design
- Drive trade-offs for your logic by working closely with performance, DV and physical design engineers to craft optimal solutions that meet the design goals
- Deploy innovative techniques for improving power, performance and area of the design, drive experiments with RTL and evaluate synthesis, timing and power results
- Debug RTL/logic issues across various hierarchies (core, chip) in both pre-silicon and post-silicon environment
- Enhance RTL design environment, tools and infrastructure
Experience & Qualifications
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of experience
- Strong background and experience with high performance OOO CPU microarchitecture especially with load/store, caches and memory subsystem
- Experience working on a Fabric for a CPU, GPU based system
- Knowledge of industry standard protocols such as CHI, AXI, ACE, Tilelink, CMN
- Architectural understanding of memory ordering, cache coherence protocols, memory consistency, multi-processors and fabric topologies
- Expertise in logic design and ability to evaluate functional, performance, timing and power for you design
- Strong experience with hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL), simulators (VCS, NC, Verilator), Synthesis and Power tools
- Expertise in microarchitecture definition and specification development
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
Multiple geographies: Austin, Santa Clara, Bangalore
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Due to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, Tenstorrent is required to ensure compliance with licensing regulations when transferring technology to nationals of certain countries that have been sanctioned by the U.S. government.
As this position will have direct and/or indirect access to information, systems, or technologies that are subject to U.S. Export Control laws and regulations, please note that citizenship/permanent residency information and/or documentation will be required and considered as Tenstorrent moves through the employment process.
See more open positions at Tenstorrent
Something looks off?