Senior GNSS System Test Engineer
Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Now a little more about what you could be doing as part of our team and contributing to Swift’s mission and vision. As a GNSS System Test Engineer you will work closely to design, build and maintain test infrastructure. You will collect and analyze data to verify and validate the function and performance of Swift’s products, their compatibility to 3rd party devices, precise positioning solutions, and internal tools. You will help design novel test methods and strategies and implement innovative automated tools to ensure full test coverage in various GNSS environments ensuring coverage on edge cases.
You will apply your GNSS expertise to analyze live, replayed, and simulated test data to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology and ensure the delivery of quality products to our customers. Together, we'll create products that make high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications.
- Validation of Swift’s products in a rigorous and timely manner
- Requirements verification and validation for software features and releases, from test case and procedure development to test execution
- Statistical data analysis
- Investigation and debugging of test failures or performance regressions and escalation to product and development teams
- Succinct and valuable documentation and communication of test results and performance metrics/KPIs
- Support the validation of Swift’s products through managing test systems
- Design and bring up of new test platforms and infrastructure
- Test system operations, scheduling and availability
- Maintain test infrastructure to be in optimal working order
- Working with different 3rd party platforms and receivers to ensure compatibility to Swift’s products
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience in test and validation of complex systems
- Experience with Software-in-the-Loop (SIL) and Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Satellite Navigation (GNSS/GPS) and/or Inertial Navigation (INS) Systems
- Ability to explain complex technical knowledge to non-technical people
- Rigorous, Highly self-motivated and directed
- Hands on knowledge of various receivers
- Experience with software scripting languages (Python) and test software languages (C, and/ or C++)
- Test fleet management and provisioning
- Automotive or robotics industry experience is a plus
- Good working skills with Atlassian products such as Confluence and Jira, as well as testing tools like X-ray
- Understanding of Software Release
- A flexible work environment includes work-from-home days each week.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer-covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49
Something looks off?