Senior Account Executive - Japan
Swift Navigation (Swift) is hiring. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control applications. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Swift is seeking an experienced sales executive to promote the implementation of Swift modern GNSS technologies and services for the Industrial markets and applications in Japan.
Reporting to the EVP, GM-Industrial, the role involves prospecting and selling of Swift’s GNSS end-to-end solutions including: GNSS receiver HW, Starling Positioning Engine Software and the Skylark GNSS Cloud Corrections Services. Customer relationship management is continuous with full life-cycle ownership of Swift’s customers in the assigned market segments and territories. Target applications are where precise position determination, autonomous and semi-autonomous applications can be greatly improved when augmented with Swift GNSS solutions and services. The primary focus will be on long-term contracts with strategic, Enterprise and OEM customers and their related Tier1 suppliers.
- Prospect, engage and close multi-year $1M+ contracts with high-growth customers aligned with our core market segments, with a focus on subscriptions and royalty-bearing business.
- Maintain accurate customer opportunity forecasts and deal status at all times in our SalesforceTM CRM system.
- Create and regularly maintain concise account plans for target accounts, with a bias toward action and a clear path to deal closure. Review account plans quarterly and deal closure plans weekly with Sales leadership and partners in Engineering and Marketing.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide variety of inbound contracts, including NDAs, statements of work, Proof of Concept (PoC), software IP licenses and cloud services agreements.
- Develop productive and durable senior management relationships with our customers, partners and the Swift Leadership team, wherever they may be.
- Champion customer needs in technology features and business models by regularly engaging our Engineering and Leadership teams to influence roadmaps and support.
- Partner with our Product Marketing team to creatively develop new business with rail-related customers who are new to high-precision positioning technology. Activities include educating customers in our technology, working with customers on product strategy and financial models and securing PoCs that translate into bookable business.
- Collaborate with other go-to-market team colleagues as required to achieve Sales and Business Development objectives and ensure team motivation.
- Work efficiently with all functions of Swift Engineering, Marketing and Operations. Synchronize planning and business development with other sales team colleagues, and champion productive teamwork and alignment of purpose.
- Work with and support Swift Marketing to ensure that marketing and sales goals align.
- Actively participate in selected industry functions, such as association events, trade shows and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and competitive trends.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis to meet Swift’s objectives.
Commercial and Business Skills & Experience
- Proven and verifiable success closing 6&7-figure contracts for hardware & software solutions, IP or SaaS subscriptions towards Enterprise and OEM companies and their respective Tier1 partners within B2B industrial segments. Said Solutions and Services to include GNSS chipsets, GNSS receivers and software technologies, including GNSS infrastructure, logistics & tracking, security or safety, and/or rover technologies.
- Experience with Rail-centric /or related IoT autonomous and semi-autonomous applications will be highly desirable.
- Prior experience in selling Solutions as a Service (SaaS) is highly desirable.
- Ability to develop, negotiate and close complex royalty, revenue share-based subscription agreements.
- Ability to credibly represent Swift and its technologies to Customers and Partners, and to understand the Customer’s issues, needs and motivations.
- Ability to credibly represent the Partner’s requirements to Swift and to motivate Swift to meet these requirements.
- Ability to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems, gain consensus and drive decisions.
- Clear, systematic and structured planned progression for managing complex long-term technical sales cycles.
- Native or excellent Japanese and English language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
Technical Skills & Experience
- More than 10 years sales experience with a successful track record in long-sales-cycle, highly technical software and services sales in Enterprise Software, SaaS or IP markets.
- 6+ years sales experience with a successful track record for highly technical software and services sales within industrial segments, either/both Enterprise and OEMs.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience selling GNSS or related technologies
- BS/BA degree required (EE, Computer Science or industrial AI) from an accredited four-year college or university. MBA a plus.
- Advanced technical knowledge of sensor, wireless and subscription technologies required as well as basic understanding of client/server architectures, embedded operating systems and networking topologies.
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual who can drive and reliably maintain regular contact with his/her own customers and the extended Swift team.
- Startup mentality; proven problem-solving ability; success in dealing with ambiguity.
- Highly motivated, tenacious and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills: communicative (written and verbal), organized and entrepreneurial.
- Customer-focused and Customer-sensitive; able to motivate team members and co-workers; able to influence positively; flexible and hard-working.
- Outgoing and skilled at building relationships and developing effective internal and external partnerships.
- Capable of working as a team member or independently, as required.
- Ability to work and communicate at a detailed or high level, as required.
- A passion for continuous learning.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, hypergrowth environment with evolving and expanding responsibilities.
- Willing to travel as needed to win business, up to 50% during peak times.
- Native or excellent English language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- A flexible work environment includes work-from-home days each week.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49
Something looks off?