Staff GNSS System Test Engineer
Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Now a little more about what you could be doing as part of our team and contributing to Swift’s mission and vision. As a System Test Engineer on the team you will be responsible for verifying and validating the function and performance of Swift’s products, solutions, and tools. You will help design novel test methods and strategies and build and maintain test tools to ensure test coverage in various GNSS environments. You will apply your expertise to collecting and analyzing live, replayed, and simulated test data to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology and ensure the delivery of quality products to our customers. Together, we'll create products that make high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications.
- Validation of Swift’s products in a rigorous and timely manner
- Requirements verification and validation for software features and releases, from test strategy, test case, and procedure development to test execution
- Statistical data analysis
- Investigation and debugging of test failures or performance regressions and escalation to product and development teams
- Design and contribution to development of new test tools and infrastructure
- Data management and front-line integrity
- Succinct and valuable documentation and communication of test results and performance metrics/KPIs
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in test and validation of complex systems
- Experience with Software-in-the-Loop (SIL) and Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- 5+ years of experience with Satellite Navigation (GNSS/GPS) and/or Inertial Navigation (INS) Systems
- Experience with software scripting languages (Python) and test software languages (C, and/ or C++)
- Automotive industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ASIL certification standards
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000 - $170,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49
Come join us!