Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
As the Hardware Manager your role will be to lead a small team of dedicated engineers and operations specialists to design, build and ship hardware platforms that focus on solving our customers' challenges. You do this by collaborating extensively with a global network of ODM and JDM partners to leverage our knowledge into large impacts. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working with ODM/JDM partners and a track record of shipping quality products on time and on budget. You will work cross functionally with Product Management, Hardware Operations, Program Management and our business units to manage our hardware products across the full product lifecycle.
- Lead the implementation of Swifts hardware product strategy through the full product lifecycle
- Own the relationship between Swift and the relevant ODM/JDM partners, aligning Swift needs with supplier capabilities
- Work closely with ODM/JDM partners globally to deliver against Swifts business needs
- Work collaboratively with our customers through their design cycle to support them integrating our hardware products into their applications
- Interface with product management, project management and software teams to ensure we capture full product technical specifications
- Conduct supplier business reviews to assess supplier capabilities in areas of technology, supply chain, and quality.
- You will own initiatives including cost reductions, favorable contract & payment terms, and lead time reductions.
- Drive for optimal business outcomes, balancing engineering risk, operations risk and timeline risk in the delivery of our hardware products.
- 5+ years experience working collaboratively with a range of ODM/JDM partners particularly in Asia
- Experience in all phases of new hardware design and development from architecture definition through shipping at volume for GNSS/wireless or similar products
- Experience with characterization, requirement definition, and validation of GNSS/embedded systems or similar
- Ability to align stakeholders around clear technical product specifications
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Operations, or Engineering.
- Experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with different teams and at multiple levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel up to 25% or as needed.
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years experience leading a team of cross-functional experts
- A flexible work environment includes work-from-home days each week.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49
Come join us!
Something looks off?