Senior Business Development Manager (Asia)
Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Now a little more about what you could be doing as part of our team and contributing to Swift’s mission and vision. As a Business Development Manager on the team you will be responsible for managing revenue generating Partnerships with regional partners. The Partner ecosystem is a crucial part of Swift’s strategy to penetrate and win pinpoint positioning applications for autonomous vehicles, last-mile delivery, urban personal transport, and industrial applications like rail, construction and precision agriculture. The role involves continuous Partner development and relationship management, securing commercial contracts that grow business for Swift and our Partners and championing deeper engagement around new GNSS solutions as our Partners develop them.
- Develop and own end-to-end execution of the regional partnership plan with pre-defined partners in the asia region, including definition and agreement of successful outcomes against Swift revenue targets.
- Establish a regular cadence with Partners for pipeline, opportunity and business reviews to manage progress against the regional partnership plan.
- Lead the Swift brand and associated partnership impact across Partners executive and field teams. Ensure the Partners’ field sales organization is enabled to drive new revenue opportunities for Swift.
- Work with Global Partner Development Managers and internal practice areas to develop joint offerings for target industries and accounts in the regions.
- Define strategic accounts and joint account planning targets, by country in selected segments, to support proactive business development.
- In coordination with marketing develop and support execution of campaigns (e.g. events, demand generation programs) to deliver incremental growth opportunities in selected industries and solution areas.
- Identify joint collaboration activities and secure Marketing Development Funds from partners to support.
- Preparing and giving business reviews to Partners and Swift senior leaders.
- Identify and support opportunities for account-specific training and certification.
- Be a constant source of advice, expertise and coaching for all team members and sales colleagues, such that they see you as the go-to person for business development initiatives and market insights.
- Maintain accurate Partner growth and market segment forecasts and continuously update internal product, engineering and executive teams.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide variety of inbound contracts, including NDAs, statements of work, software IP licenses and cloud services agreements.
- Develop productive and durable senior management relationships with our Partners and the Swift Leadership team wherever they may be.
- Champion Partner needs in technology features and business models by regularly engaging our Engineering and Leadership teams to influence roadmaps and support.
- Partner with our Product Marketing team to translate our product and service plans into actionable Partner engagement strategies.
- Deeply engage our Partners’ sales and business development teams to secure Proof of Concepts (POCs) with common Customers that translate into bookable business.
- Coach, mentor and develop Swift team members as required to achieve Partner and business development objectives and ensure team motivation.
- Work efficiently with all functions of Swift Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Operations. Synchronize planning and business development with product and sales team colleagues, and champion productive teamwork and alignment of purpose.
- Actively participate in selected industry functions, such as association events, trade shows and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and competitive trends.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis to meet Swift’s objectives.
- Experience in business development, partner (channel or alliance) management, sales/strategic sales with a track record of exceeding revenue goals and driving successful partner programs
- Experience working with Chipset Makers, Mobile Network Operators, Global System Integration, Consulting organizations or global Cloud Platform vendors
- Creative thinker with the ability to structure and execute complex initiatives, programs, and deals
- Be results driven and demonstrated willingness to take the lead in driving initiatives, creating unique approaches to developing new revenue opportunities across teams
- Highly collaborative, with an ability to thrive and influence within a matrixed environment characterized by direct/indirect accountability to a variety of stakeholders in different functional and geographic areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact effectively across multiple levels (from IC to Senior Leadership) within Swift and Partners
- A demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and grow business relationships successfully, with an emphasis on sales and partner processes.
- Able to develop, negotiate and close complex royalty, revenue share-based or subscription agreements.
- Working with marketing and product teams, proven ability to draft product launch plans with partnerships and see through to completion with material and measurable success.
- Able to credibly represent Swift and its technologies to Partners and Customers, and to understand the Customer’s issues, needs and motivations.
- Able to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems, gain consensus and drive decisions.
- 10+ years business development, consulting or sales experience with a successful track record in highly technical software and services business in Telecommunications, IP, Silicon, Enterprise Software or SaaS markets.
- BS/BA degree required (preferably, EE, Computer Science or similar technical degree) from an accredited four-year college or university. MBA a plus.
- Basic technical knowledge of how GNSS/GPS works, client/server architectures, web and client applications, embedded operating systems and networking topologies.
- Dynamic, self-starting individual who can drive and reliably maintain regular contact with the extended Swift team.
- Startup mentality; proven problem-solving ability; success in dealing with ambiguity.
- Highly motivated, tenacious and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills: communicative (written and verbal), organized and entrepreneurial.
- Partner-focused and Partner-sensitive; able to motivate team members and co-workers; able to 50%influence positively; flexible and hard-working.
- Outgoing and skilled at building relationships and developing effective internal and external Partnerships.
- Capable of working as a team member or independently, as required.
- Able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level, as required.
- A passion for continuous learning.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, hypergrowth environment with evolving and expanding responsibilities.
- Willing to travel as needed to win partnerships and business, up to 40% during peak times.
- Native or excellent English language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49
Something looks off?