Head of Test
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
HEAD OF TEST - EL SEGUNDO, CA
As the Head of Test, you will lead the Skyryse Test Team, which is responsible for development and certification testing of the mechanical actuators, computers, power electronics, and the fully integrated system. Your team is developing and running the Systems Integration Lab and managing internal and external test facilities to meet the Certification Plan and DO-160 environmental testing. As FlightOS is being developed for multiple platforms, the Head of Test will drive the test facility vision to meet both current and future needs. The team is also responsible for providing feedback to the engineering design teams and product management teams based on test findings.
- Provide leadership and direction for the test engineering staff in a high tempo work environment.
- Support the project and technical management with reporting on project plans, development status, process improvement, implementation, risks, and opportunities for test equipment development.
- Support overall electronic and mechanical systems and subsystems integration activities to ensure safety, certification & aircraft design requirements and objectives are met
- Hands-on support in equipment calibration, configuration, and Systems Lab tests
- Support the Systems Integration Lab set up and test activities including configuration control of test equipment and products being tested.
- Support technical and program management regarding harness design and integration to the aircraft that will also be used as part of the Systems Integration Lab.
- Manage the test lab's equipment, facilities, and resources, including coordinating with vendors, maintaining equipment calibration and maintenance schedules, and optimizing the use of resources to meet project timelines and budget requirements.
- Support technical and program management of the supplier regarding the environmental, EMI/EMC tests.
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the testing process. This includes evaluating new testing technologies, tools, and methodologies, as well as promoting a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the test lab team.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Systems, Mechanical or Electronics engineering disciplines.
- 8+ years of technical avionics experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams and supporting a systems integration lab.
- Experience testing to DO-160 and other applicable aerospace certification standards
- Broad technical experience with the specification, design, integration, test, data analysis and certification of Avionics/Electromechanical systems on aircraft using DO-160 and other applicable standards
- Demonstrated experience in managing test labs or similar facilities, including equipment and resource management, vendor coordination, and facility maintenance. Knowledge of test lab safety protocols and best practices is essential
- Understanding of how Avionics/Electromechanical systems integrate and interact to the overall aircraft
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- The opportunity to change the world
- Salary Range: $200,000 - $250,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.