Client Platform Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
We're building safety-enhancing technology for aviation that will save lives. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
As a Client Platform Engineer, you will be a part of our IT and Security team. Your work will have a key impact on the development of Reliable Robotic’s infrastructure. You will work closely with the IT and Security team to build tools and automation to improve the end-users experience, with a focus on the endpoint. This position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California.
In your role as a Client Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation of tools supporting the business internal needs and standards, as well as support of the IT related needs of our end-users. You will be involved in the design and implementation of tools and supporting infrastructure, allowing for the management and evolution of our endpoint systems and related policies. Over time, you will also be involved in the management of SaaS applications and services that the business relies on.
Basic Success Criteria
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Basic networking skills and understanding of basic network services (vlan/routing/wifi/dhcp/dns/etc)
- Previous management of in-office infrastructure (wifi, printing, etc)
- Knowledge of recent desktop OSes and their management, such as group policies and MDM policies (windows 10/11, MacOS Ventura)
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Scripting skills with various languages (Python, bash, powershell)
- Understanding of SSL certificates
- Ability to explain complex concepts to users
- Ability to troubleshoot problems remotely (over Slack, Google Meet, or others)
- Familiarity with Google Workspace management (access and management of services)
- Experience with virtualization/containerization (AWS EC2, Docker)
- Development tooling experience (git, github, vscode, pip3)
- Experience with AWS services (IAM, ec2, s3, route53)
- Application (re)packaging and management (msi/pkg/deb)
- Experience in a secure environment preferred
- Experience with end-user supports with software and computing devices
The estimated salary range for this position is $66,500 to $93,500/annual salary + cash and stock option awards + benefits. At Reliable Robotics, we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity.
In addition to base compensation, Reliable Robotics offers stock options, employee medical, 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.
Reliable Robotics does not presently sponsor candidates for employment visas. In order to comply with export control regulations applicable to our technology and products, all candidates for this position must reside in the United States and be “U.S. persons” for purposes of the Export Administration Regulations (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as refugees or granted asylum in the U.S.) or otherwise eligible to access our technologies without an export license.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com