Sr. Quality Assurance and Reliability Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2022
We're building safety-enhancing technology for aviation that will save lives. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
As the Senior Quality Assurance and Reliability Engineer, you'll be a part of the Production organization and report to the Head of Production & Supply Chain. This is a small but growing team of highly motivated people that are passionate about delivering quality products and services, on-time and with unquestionable value. Our commitment to safety is unmatched. As a key team member, you’ll play a critical role where you are responsible for the strategy and execution of our Quality Management System. As Reliable Robotics continues to grow and scale, you’ll be responsible for building a high-performing team, developing the applicable infrastructure needed to scale the business, and maturing processes that will enable success for cross-functional teams.
As the Senior Quality Assurance and Reliability Engineer, you'll implement and improve policies, procedures, and systems that meet Reliable Robotics' business objectives and ensure compliance with customer requirements and industry standards. This is a foundational role in our company, where you will influence and oversee quality and reliability principles for the business. You’ll be able to impact a wide range of teams and stakeholders.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Perform quality management system reviews to ensure compliance with processes, drawings, work instructions, ISO9001/AS9100, and regulatory requirements
- Support the development, verification, and manufacturing of products using continuous improvement and statistical process control techniques
- Develop and manage the configuration and change management system, including the change control board (CCB), material review board (MRB), and engineering change actions
- Lead internal, external, and supplier audits
- Provide quality management system training and guidance
- Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Develop and manage data and metrics using data visualization tools to report and provide information with recommendations for product/process improvements
- Review internal and supplier First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs)
- Implement, review, and maintain supplier quality flow-down requirements
Basic Success Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or other related disciplines
- 5+ years of experience implementing quality management systems and/or auditing to AS9100 Quality Management Systems standards
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, both internal and external stakeholders, at all seniority levels
- Experience with quality tools and processes
- 2+ years of experience with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulatory requirements (e.g., 14 CFR 21, DO-160, D0-254, etc.)
- Certified lead auditor or training with hands-on implementation and assessment experience
- Familiarity with information systems and tools such as Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Material Resource Planning (MRP), and Jira
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and software development processes
- Experience defining, documenting, executing, and assessing reliability tests and test performance
Our team is passionate about delivering on our commitments, solving hard problems, continuously improving, and helping the business succeed. We are constantly reevaluating our technologies, products, and capabilities. If you are a lifelong learner, you will love this environment. Get in on the ground floor and help us build the company.
The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California. Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
The estimated salary range for this position is $138,000 to $202,500/annual salary + cash and stock option awards + benefits. At Reliable Robotics, we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity.
In addition to base compensation, Reliable Robotics offers stock options, employee medical, 401k contribution, great co-workers, and a casual work environment.
Reliable Robotics does not presently sponsor candidates for employment visas. In order to comply with export control regulations applicable to our technology and products, all candidates for this position must reside in the United States and be “U.S. persons” for purposes of the Export Administration Regulations (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as refugees or granted asylum in the U.S.) or otherwise eligible to access our technologies without an export license.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com