Visual Designer (Mid to Senior Level)
Owlet Baby Care
POSITION TITLE: Visual Designer (Mid to Senior Level)
BUSINESS UNIT: Design
LOCATION: U.S. Remote or Lehi, UT
Owlet is searching for a thoughtful and talented Visual Designer to join our design team. In this role, you will play a big part in shaping our brand's visual identity, designing for campaigns and digital experiences that resonate with our customers and drive engagement.
Owlet is changing the world of parenting with meaningful products that truly make a difference for millions around the world. Owlet has helped more than a million parents keep their children safe, while bringing joy and sleep to the parenting journey. We believe every parent deserves the peace of mind that comes with a better understanding of their baby’s needs.
As a Designer you are:
- Collaborative: Able to work effectively across various departments, understanding that great ideas can come from anywhere. You integrate feedback seamlessly, leveraging it to enhance and refine your designs.
- Creative Problem Solver: Equipped with a mindset that believes in the potential of finding a balance between business goals and high-quality design. You have the talent for approaching design challenges with creativity, turning constraints into opportunities for innovation.
- User-Centric: You use data and insights to inform your design decisions, constantly seeking to optimize for better user engagement and conversion.
- Detail-Oriented: Paying close attention to every design element, you ensure a high level of precision and consistency across all touch points. Your understanding and utilization of our design system will help create a seamless visual language throughout.
- Adaptable: Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly. You're always ready to pivot and adjust your designs to meet evolving needs and objectives.
- Purpose-Driven: Passionate about our mission, recognizing that your work plays a critical role in bringing that mission to life. Your designs are not just visually appealing—they're purposeful, thoughtful, and aligned with our goals.
- Collaborate with our marketing and product teams to create engaging, user-centric designs for a variety of marketing initiatives, including our website, social media platforms, email campaigns, website and app.
- Conceptualize and present innovative ideas to the design, marketing and product teams, generating both enthusiasm and buy-in.
- Play an instrumental role in shaping design at Owlet — expanding and refining our design system and patterns to ensure efficiency and consistent visual language across all touchpoints.
- Support your designs by using design best practices and insights, which include quantitative/qualitative data, site metrics, audience segmentation, and feedback.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years of professional experience in a Graphic, Brand or Visual Design role.
- A portfolio with examples of previous work specifically showing the depth of your visual craft.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams balancing both speed and quality of work
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography, color theory, and current design trends.
- Has used data (like user engagement metrics, customer insights) to inform their design decisions.
- Comfortable using Figma, Adobe CC and other design tools.
- Passionate about being part of a purposeful mission and eager to take your craft to a new level.
- Illustration and motion design experience are a plus.
- Progressive remote working policy
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.