Senior Software Engineer, Computer Vision and Deep Learning
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 3, 2023
At Mashgin, we are developing the future of checkout experiences. We aim to reduce the friction between customer desires and their ability to be on their way.
In May 2022, Mashgin closed a Series B funding round at a $1.5B valuation. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including Matrix Partners, NEA and Y Combinator. Our ecosystem is anchored by the only 3D computer vision and deep learning based checkout system in the world. We have 2,000+ locations world wide with customers across a wide spectrum of verticals including the NFL, MLB, Circle K, ampm, Aramark and Compass Group.
We value autonomy of ones work, a culture of respect for one another, and building products with empathy for our customers.
Mashgin is looking for a passionate Computer Vision engineer who loves solving everyday vision problems. Someone who is regularly saying to themselves “This could be done with computer vision!” and who loves experimenting with new algorithms. You’ll work on a small dynamic team to design and implement cutting edge Computer Vision algorithms that will be used everyday by our customers.
You Will Be
- Developing new computer vision algorithms with founders in C/C++ and Python for solving challenging real-world problems
- Coming up with large scale data collection techniques for training Deep Neural Nets
- Driving the development of new algorithms that dramatically improve our existing methods
- Researching and maintaining state-of-the-art ML/CV algorithms that can analyze images
- Coding full-stack building products from end to end
- 5+ years relevant coding experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong background in Computer Vision
- Exposure to new Deep Learning techniques for image recognition
- MS/PhD degree or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science, AI, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Experience with Python or C/C++ in a Linux environment
- Knowledge and experience in application of Deep Learning to Computer Vision problems
- Real-world experience building Computer Vision systems
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company
Mashgin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mashgin are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.