Manufacturing Solutions Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Instrumental works with the world’s most admired electronics brands like Bose, Cisco, SolarEdge, and others to significantly reduce the 20 cents of every dollar spent in manufacturing that is wasted. Our mission is to cut that waste in half and we’re building a fundamentally new product and technology to do so.
As a Manufacturing Solutions Engineer (or Solutions Architect, as we call them), you will work with Instrumental’s rapidly growing go-to-market team to deliver technical solutions for a wide range of applications across Fortune 100 customers.
Our Solutions team is scrappy and entrepreneurial(!) – this is a team that doesn’t wait for things to happen, we make them happen. Successful team members are problem solvers and adaptable – when it’s not in the playbook, they create the next play. We’re creating a team of experienced design & manufacturing engineers who understand how much time and manual effort goes into building products. We want to change that by implementing Instrumental within NPI and MP engineering teams, but every product is different – leading to exciting, impactful projects.
Our team is continuously learning from our customers and each other to understand the challenges that come with different products. The result is a unique role that will leverage your engineering background, technical curiosity, and interpersonal skills to influence the production of consumer and industrial electronics products that power the world.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- A get-stuff-done attitude, with an entrepreneurial approach to solving problems and overcoming roadblocks
- Attention to detail and passion for building processes for a better future!
- Loves working cross-functionally, from Sales and Marketing to Product & Machine Learning teams
- A desire to be customer-facing, with a customer-success mindset – it may have been your favorite part of a manufacturing engineering role!
- 3-5+ years experience as a manufacturing, mechanical, or operations engineer OR TPM/EPM at an admired electronics product company with experience ramping up and running programs in mass production
- Interested in working on a variety of products and operating outside of your technical comfort zone
What You'll Be Doing:
- Technical Discovery: Meet dozens of design and manufacturing teams to understand customers’ needs to help define the right Instrumental solution.
- Technical Credibility: Build & deepen executive relationships with our technical customer base, influencing their long-term technology and business decisions.
- Technical Expertise: Add value and be viewed as a trusted advisor by bringing compelling insights and ideas with organized follow-through/execution.
- User Understanding: Synthesize customer feedback to help drive immediate improvement, as well as influence our long-term Product roadmap.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Collaborate globally with account teams, product specialists, operations, and other functions within Instrumental to deliver the best solution (ensuring a consistent message to the partner).
- Hardware Design: Design mechanical components and fixtures to enable new applications and improve product quality and scalability.
- Insider Knowledge: Navigate multinational organizations for customers to build business cases and develop complex enterprise deals.
- High Flexibility: Wear many hats and jump in when other teams need backup. As an expert problem solver, you’ll work with other orgs to represent the customer's voice.