Marketing & Communications, IT
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Instrumental works with the world’s most admired electronics brands like Bose, Cisco, SolarEdge, and others to significantly reduce the 20 cents of every dollar spent in manufacturing that is wasted. Our mission is to cut that waste in half and we’re building a fundamentally new product and technology to do so.
Our team is excited to debut a high-impact playbook for engineering and manufacturing operations leaders and we’re looking for a technical copywriter to help us to create clear, high-impact content. You’ll be collaborating directly with our CEO, product marketing, and others to transform interviews, videos, and other content into impactful how-to stories.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a key internal initiative from the ground up on a platform that will be publicly available on the web for inclusion in your own portfolio.
This is a contract position expected to be between 15-30 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Convert existing blog content into easily digestible chapters within an Instrumental Knowledge Center.
- Write new content to augment existing material via interviews with our CEO or industry experts on their learnings.
- Lean on your technical writing skills to edit & frame complex engineering topics in a clear/exciting way – ultimately becoming an expert on the “Instrumental voice”.
- Collaborate to develop, write, review, and publish content in a fast-paced environment – our goal is to convert 60+ articles and write 20+ more in the next three months.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has 2-3+ years of copywriting experience for a technical audience.
- Is self-motivated, dependable, and able to drive a project forward without close supervision. Experience with Kanban project management tools (Trello, Jira) for collaborating on progress is a plus.
- Has a proven track record of producing engaging content in a brand voice for a technical audience - you can distill the crux of a conversation from SMEs and make it engaging, even when you may not be an expert on the topic.
- Has impeccable command of written English, including grammar, with high attention to detail. You pride yourself on error-free copy.
We'd Love to Chat if You Have:
- Experience working within the manufacturing industry or writing engaging stories for a technical audience (like cybersecurity, software development tooling, AI/ML, etc.)
- Voracious curiosity - you want to know how things are made, why they’re made that way, and how they could be made better
We’re a growing team that consistently works collaboratively, is supportive of each other, and is highly energized by the opportunity for large impact. We actively work to promote an inclusive environment, valuing passion and the ability to learn. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description!
The following is a representative hourly compensation range for this position: $40-60 / hr. Salary opportunity is evaluated through our interview process – we review experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of each applicant.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.