Backed by renowned investors who share our vision of virtualizing the built environment by leveraging cutting-edge AI solutions. Born out of MIT, our founders are technology and analytics experts, and we're seeking like-minded individuals who are passionate about computer vision, the built environment, and eager to make a significant impact.
As a DevOps Engineer specializing in AWS & lambda functions, you'll contribute to the robustness of our pipeline and ensure proper releases with large-scale enterprise users. Your expertise in AWS Cloud Build and Deployment Architecture will contribute to our company's success. This is a highly collaborative job where you'll drive CI/CD optimizations across the engineering team.
- You will be closely aligned with our core team, designing, building, and operating the systems and tools that enable us to build products quickly and safely
- Lead the optimization and management of our code build and deployment pipelines, focusing on efficiency, reliability, and scalability.
- Utilize your expertise in AWS services such as Step Functions, Lambda, API Gateway, and S3 to orchestrate seamless deployment workflows.
- Refactor and enhance our existing cloud infrastructure to simplify complexity and improve maintainability.
- Collaborate closely with development teams to implement best practices for packaging, versioning, and deployment of code artifacts.
- Own the implementation and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines, leveraging tools like AWS CodePipeline and Makefile
- Design and implement strategies for automating environment provisioning, scaling, and deployment.
- Monitor application performance in AWS environments, identifying and resolving bottlenecks and optimization opportunities.
- Integrate security and compliance best practices into the deployment process.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members, fostering a culture of learning and collaboration.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and DevOps best practices to drive continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven track record (7+ years) as a DevOps Engineer or similar role, focused on building and deploying applications in AWS.
- Strong proficiency in AWS services like Step Functions, Lambda, API Gateway, and S3.
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools such as CloudFormation.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Solid understanding of build and deployment automation using tools like CodePipeline, CircleCI, Jenkins, or similar.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with optimizing and streamlining complex deployment pipelines for efficiency.
- Previous exposure to cloud-based tools for orchestration and deployment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work within cross-functional teams.
Nice to have:
- AWS Certifications, especially AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Knowledge of serverless architecture and microservices concepts.
- Collaborative team spirit
You will work in a highly intellectual environment. We maintain a team spirit, intellectual curiosity, and fun even in a virtual environment. We are well funded to work on the hard things that matter in accomplishing our vision. On top of that, we offer:
- Equity eligible for this position
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, including expert medical opinion
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
- Life Insurance
We are looking for someone local!
We work in a hybrid environment, splitting time between our office in Cambridge, MA, and home
Please submit a current resume, cover letter, and links to any additional information, such as online portfolio, projects, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org