Director of Growth, B2B
Director of Growth, B2B
Forge - Newton, MA
Forge (www.forgeco.com) is on a mission to build and power the next-generation trades worker. With a unique combination of a real-world trades school and next-generation technology, Forge is giving people who love to work with their hands the chance to build a great career while tackling the tradesperson shortage head-on.
About the Role
Over the past two years Forge has expanded to fielding nearly 100 trades people across a variety of service lines including window installation, HVAC, and interior finish work. We are currently working with several local developers and builders as a subcontractor.
Forge is looking for an energetic, ambitious, and experienced sales executive to help us enter and expand relationships with builders and developers in the Boston area. You will be the face of Forge and the engine for driving a new channel of revenue. You are a master at managing and building new client relationships and expanding market opportunities across the region.
This is our first dedicated sales role and will be 20% strategic and 80% execution. Within the first year on the team you’ll build a pipeline of local developers for us to work with, inform where we should expand our team, and grow revenue. Success in the first year in the role would look like closing at least $5M in sales across 3-5 new relationships.
You should have a proven sales track record in the construction or real estate industry as well as an ability to consistently build trust with customers and colleagues alike. You are innovative, persuasive and work well autonomously.
- Partner with senior leadership as an individual contributor to develop and manage the execution of the strategic sales goals and business objectives;
- Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities;
- Build and maintain a sales pipeline to support financial projections and investor relations;
- Coordinate the sales and proposal process with various teams across the company, including marketing, design, service lines, [etc.];
- Help identify additional positions at Forge required to accelerate B2B sales growth.
- B.A. or B.S with 10+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience in high-volume growth, ideally in the B2B space;
- Extensive background selling to real estate developers and builders in the greater Boston area;
- You have worked in an early-stage company or know what it takes to be successful in one;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; glass-half-full mentality;
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise good judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision;
- Evidence of success in growing customer base from the ground up;
- Ability to perform under pressure and effectively lead client meetings and presentations;
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously;
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities.
At Forge, we value innovation, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence. We're dedicated to creating a supportive and collaborative environment where individuals can grow professionally and make a real impact. We offer competitive salaries, equity, benefits, flexible working arrangements, and a dynamic culture of intelligent, hard-working, and creative individuals.