Cell Performance Scientist/ Engineer
Fremont, CA, USA · Fremont, CA, USA · California, USA · Staten Island, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
About The JobEnovix (Nasdaq: ENVX) is an advanced silicon battery company based in Fremont, Calif.Enovix is on a mission to power the technologies of the future. Everything from IoT, mobile and computing devices, to the vehicle you drive, needs a better battery. Our disruptive architecture enables a battery with high energy density and capacity without compromising safety. We are scaling our silicon-anode, lithium-ion battery manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand. For more information visit www.enovix.com and follow us on LinkedIn.This is an exciting time at Enovix! We are looking for experienced candidates to help support our new 50,000 square-feet lithium-ion battery production facility in Fremont, California for commercialization of our 3D Silicon™ Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery. Job SummaryWe are looking for a Scientist/Engineer with experience in rechargeable battery R&D that is looking to get in on the ground floor of the next revolution in energy storage. This role is ideal for someone with technical experience in battery solutions. The role requires both in depth data analysis and hands on understanding of next generation battery’s operation, performance, and failure methods. Responsibilities
- Utilize knowledge of battery fundamentals to identify causes of cell degradation
- Perform detailed test data analyses of cells to identify opportunities for product performance improvement
- Design and execute experiments to identify and control variables that affect “critical to function” performance parameters
- Summarize and present cell performance data in a clear, concise, and timely fashion
- Work with NPI, Product Applications Group, and Product Engineering Group to understand customers’ requirements and drive cell design, assembly, manufacturing, and performance testing improvements to meet customers’ needs
- Work with development and manufacturing operations to transfer cell improvements from R&D into manufacturing
- Provide assessments for cost, resources, cycles of learning for new customer designs and requirements
- Develop and Define characterization techniques, metrics, and test vehicles to quantify and track battery performance
- Work with Applications group to benchmark critical customer requirements of Enovix cells against industry leaders
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry or related field with emphasis on Battery Research or 5+ years industry experience working in battery development or battery integration into final device or application.
- Strong knowledge of battery chemistry and physics. Experience working with battery research, development, and/or manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis software like R, Pandas/Numpy/Scipy, JMP, Tableau, PowerBI, or equivalent
- Demonstrated capability to clearly analyze battery test data and summarize and present meaningful information
- Comfortable with making decisions with imperfect or incomplete data
- Experience in design, development, and integration of Li-Ion batteries
- Experience with process development and process integration.
- Experience with Experimental Design—specifically “Design of Experiments”.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work well with other team members, lead projects to completion and work independently.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced growth environment