Staff Process Engineer
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
About The JobEnovix (Nasdaq: ENVX) is an advanced silicon battery company based in Fremont, Calif.Enovix is on a mission to power the technologies of the future. Everything from IoT, mobile and computing devices, to the vehicle you drive, needs a better battery. Our disruptive architecture enables a battery with high energy density and capacity without compromising safety. We are scaling our silicon-anode, lithium-ion battery manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand. For more information visit www.enovix.com and follow us on LinkedIn.This is an exciting time at Enovix! We are looking for experienced candidates to help support our new lithium-ion battery production facility in Penang, Malaysia for commercialization of our 3D Silicon™ Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery. Job Summary
- Enovix is seeking a Process Integration Engineer in development of the next generation high energy density Li-ion battery. The candidate will be responsible for process & material development related to the Si Battery Assembly & Packaging operations, defining and qualifying new processes, overseeing builds, perform root cause analysis, understanding test data and safety performance, analyzing cycle time and yields, effectively communicating the results and transferring process to production.
- Develop process that achieves product performance goals by understanding the design space, and systematically working through design trade-offs
- Lead cross functional team of process engineers, mechanical engineers, and test engineers to develop process and tooling for next generation cell designs that’s capable for large scale manufacturing.
- Decide, and down-select individual cell components that enable final product performance and reliability requirements
- Design and run well-designed experiments based on DOE methodologies on Enovix test vehicles to meet company technology roadmap.
- Analyze and summarize performance metrics via data analysis tools such as JMP.
- Develop SPC for critical process parameters and establish Process Capability (Cpk).
- Perform FMEA and root cause analysis when necessary to achieve design and product goals
- Create and execute on project plans and drive projects to completion on schedule
- Deliver final product, data driven analyses on schedule and effectively communicate the results to various stakeholders
- Create and maintain Work Instructions, OCAP, FMEA and Control Plan documents as per QMS requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline required (10+ years of work experience and/or Master’s and Ph. D preferred)
- Demonstrated capability to effectively analyze process data and extract/summarize meaningful information
- Demonstrated technical program management skills such as meeting deadlines and milestones as well as excellent communication skills such as summarizing data and writing reports
- Willingness to travel in future as needed required
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams to solve complex multi-disciplinary problems required
- Familiarity with SPC, DOE, FMEA and 8D methodologies required
- Experience in design, development, and integration of Li-Ion batteries highly desired
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking ability and attention to detail highly desired
- Proven track-record of process integration in the scale-up of R&D processes to high-volume manufacturing desired
- Good interpersonal skills.