Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
About The JobEnovix (Nasdaq: ENVX) is an advanced silicon battery company based in Fremont, Calif.Enovix is on a mission to power the technologies of the future. Everything from IoT, mobile and computing devices, to the vehicle you drive, needs a better battery. Our disruptive architecture enables a battery with high energy density and capacity without compromising safety. We are scaling our silicon-anode, lithium-ion battery manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand. For more information visit www.enovix.com and follow us on LinkedIn.This is an exciting time at Enovix! We are looking for experienced candidates to help support our new lithium-ion battery production facility in Penang, Malaysia for commercialization of our 3D Silicon™ Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery. Job Summary
- Equipment Engineer provides continuous support to production of our unique 3D cell architecture by ensuring optimum equipment utilization through immediate equipment repair, problem solving and design improvement to minimize equipment downtime and practice collaboration with cross-functional group including sub-contractors. He / She may supervise and lead equipment technicians in the repair, troubleshooting, upgrade/conversion, qualification, and preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Support 24/7 production scale up and escalation for critical/major repair of manufacturing equipment according to established procedure and parameter settings in the shortest possible time.
- Drives analysis and debug of equipment availability/uptime, hardware and instruments preventive maintenance and repair data thru MTBF, MTBA and MTTR.
- Interfaces with various suppliers to optimize machine design/performance and other ENOVIX site to acquire the needed resources and technical support.
- Strong knowledge in electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, motion and temperature controllers will be added advantage.
- Conducts and initiates spare parts review and cost saving initiatives without sacrificing maintenance, quality and equipment up time.
- Actively involves in the review of new equipment design, hardware and instruments purchases. Perform machine buyoff at supplier site and in house machine commissioning.
- Coordinates with other departments in the implementation of new manufacturing process and procedures
- Reviews and controls the purchase of spare parts to be put on stock to prevent excessive inventory and to ensure its availability during equipment breakdown.
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures to prevent/predict equipment failure and create work instruction in problem solving guides for technicians.
- Promotes adherence to standard workmanship, policies, procedures, and specifications in the execution of function.
- Actively participates in the design and conceptualization of new spares and production tools.
- Promotes 5S habits and adherence to EH&S safety procedures and use of safety equipment / Instruments.
- Ensures that assigned KPI performance metrics are met.
- BS/MS Degree Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, and documentation skills
- 5+ years of experience supporting automated manufacturing equipment
- Familiarity with automation components and tools including PLCs, pneumatics, motors, digital and analog IO, temperature controllers, and CAD
- Desire to work in a dynamic, highly creative environment.