Electrode Engineer, Active Materials
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2023
About The JobEnovix (Nasdaq: ENVX) is an advanced silicon battery company based in Fremont, Calif.Enovix is on a mission to power the technologies of the future. Everything from IoT, mobile and computing devices, to the vehicle you drive, needs a better battery. Our disruptive architecture enables a battery with high energy density and capacity without compromising safety. We are scaling our silicon-anode, lithium-ion battery manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand. For more information visit www.enovix.com and follow us on LinkedIn.This is an exciting time at Enovix! We are looking for experienced candidates to help support our new 50,000 square-feet lithium-ion battery production facility in Fremont, California for commercialization of our 3D Silicon™ Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery.Enovix is seeking an engineer in R&D to conduct research on the next generation of active materials for use in our 3D cell architecture. The term ‘Active Materials’ refers to anode, cathode, separator, and electrolyte materials. The individual will work alongside a talented group of engineers to deliver solutions enabling the technology roadmap for the company. Responsibilities
- Evaluate new electrode materials that will deliver high performance batteries with superior energy density, cycle life, gassing, etc. consistent with Enovix’s technology roadmap.
- Work with external material suppliers and partners to specify and source materials.
- Improve methods to rapidly screen candidate materials, understand their interactions with other cell components, and predict full cell performance.
- Transfer new material formulations to external coating vendors to enable high-volume manufacturing.
- Design and optimize new cells that utilize these materials. This includes directly working with the design team, process module owners, process integration, and test engineers, as well as directing appropriate characterization and failure analysis on various experiments.
- Analyze in-line process data, metrology data, and electrical test data for rapid feedback to inform the next round of development.
- Summarize and present results to internal and external customers as appropriate.
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of industry experience working on Li-ion batteries or a related technology.
- Demonstrated experience in battery materials synthesis, structural characterization, and performance correlation.
- Experimental design and data analysis experience with tools like JMP is preferred.
- Demonstrated tolerance of ambiguity; flexibility to adapt to new situations is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills is required.
- The ability to work well with other team members to ensure success of programs is required.
- Experience working in high volume and pilot production environments is preferred.
- Eligibility to work in the United States is required