Senior Full-stack Engineer (Remote US & Canada)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to elevate Chord as the leader in composable commerce. You’ll join a growing team that is building a platform to empower the next generation of brands with smart technology, unique customer experiences, and insightful data.
In this role, you will be responsible for building features that attract new customers to Chord. One of the first projects you will contribute to is the creation of a dynamic onboarding journey, including analytics-forward dashboards our customers will log in to see every day. This is a perfect opportunity for engineers who thrive on building user interfaces and workflows that make complicated technological concepts feel intuitive and approachable, even to non-technical people. As our next Senior Engineer, you will be a key member of the Platform team and will report directly to the team’s Engineering Manager.
Chord offers advanced ecommerce infrastructure for growing brands that want to have cutting-edge technology and data without a large engineering team. We like to think of our product as the tech engine for high-velocity growth. Backed by top investors, Chord is an early-stage SaaS company led by industry veterans, and we’re seeking smart, focused, creative talent to help us realize our vision.
Our company is proudly remote-first, distributed across North America.
As a Senior Engineer, you will:
- Write full-stack code to expand and enhance Chord’s customer-facing products within a team of engineers.
- Analyze and resolve technical issues that arise during production operations.
- Contribute to technical design discussions and RFC (Request for Comments) proposals that improve our team's culture, processes, or architecture.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional product team to execute product plans and achieve company goals.
- Learn and practice Chord’s engineering principles through pairing sessions with developers.
- Support the growth of engineers around you.
- Contribute to tools and documentation that our customers will love using.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A reputation for being inclusive, curious, entrepreneurial, and thoughtful.
- Experience working with Node and React-based frameworks (Gatsby, Next.js).
- Experience authoring and maintaining high-quality GraphQL or RESTful-based APIs.
- Experience writing tests with tools such as Jest and React Testing Library.
- Belief in the value of test-driven development.
Bonus points for:
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails and common frameworks such as RSpec.
- Skill in building integrations using middleware platforms such as Segment.
- Experience publishing and maintaining JS libraries.
- Experience with CI/CD and deployment to Netlify, Gatsby Cloud, or Vercel.
- Familiarity with modern CMS systems like Contentful or Sanity.
- Hands-on experience with complex ecommerce experience is a big plus.
Working at Chord, you can expect:
- An investment in your physical and mental well-being; we offer 100% employee Medical Benefits coverage, with 65% dependant coverage.
- Flexible PTO; we encourage a minimum of 4 weeks/year.
- An onboarding package and annual work from home stipend to ensure you have everything you need to be successful while working remote.
- Generous Parental Leave with customizable transition back to work program.
- To make an impact! We’re an early-stage company, which means there is space to champion ideas, and create and lead initiatives at any level in the Organization.
About your application and the interview process
Chord is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still encourage you to apply.
Our interview process for the role begins with an exploratory conversation with the Hiring Manager. After that, we’ll invite you to a Zoom session with a range of stakeholders from across our organization. We aim to get to know you and allow you to learn more about our team and product while being respectful of your time.
See more open positions at Chord
Something looks off?