Senior Product Manager (Software) - Cell Therapy
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Product Manager who will contribute significantly to the development of our advanced cell therapy manufacturing platform.
The primary focus of this position will be to understand user needs and workflows for instruments used for cell therapy manufacturing. The Product Manager will interact with customers, partners, and internal subject matter experts to understand and document their cell therapy manufacturing processes and develop actionable requirements for the engineering, analytical and process development teams. This person will work closely with the technical teams overseeing complex projects and should have a structured methodology for gathering, managing and communicating customer feedback.
This is a multidisciplinary role and this individual will interface across many parts of the company (with scientists, researchers, process development, and engineers) to develop the best solutions possible. The successful candidate will be a resident expert in representing the voice of the customer and translating them to tangible engineering requirements.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Define and communicate product vision and strategy, outlining the product's direction and ensuring alignment with strategic objectives
- Synthesize a coherent product roadmap based on customer input, industry trends, business goals, and engineering competencies, ensuring that it drives the prioritization of the product backlog and software development
- Serve as the internal customer and partner advocate with cross-functional teams
- Working with our partners and customers, capture their critical needs, then gather and prioritize software requirements
- Work with software development scrum team to create high-value user stories
- Participate in agile ceremonies to ensure the product development process is on track and aligned with the product vision
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including software developers, quality assurance professionals, UI/UX designers, and other stakeholders, to implement changes that improve product quality, usability, and user satisfaction
- Write clear and concise software requirements that detail what needs to be built and why
- Identify and prioritize key features and functions based on feedback from internal stakeholders and external customers
- Drive differentiated solutions to the market through customer focus, data-driven decision making, and clear, frequent, and open cross-functional communication
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, competitors, and best practices, and share this knowledge with the team and leadership
- Bachelor degree or higher in Engineering or Biological Sciences
- 5+ years of extensive, hands-on Product Management experience in the biotechnology or medical device industries, especially experience bringing a product to market
- Experience with large scale automation and benchtop instrumentation in pharma/biotech is highly desirable
- Domain expertise in cell therapies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with human cell biology, immunology, cell isolation, cell culture, characterization, and gene editing is highly desirable
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and quality standards, such as FDA, ISO, and GMP, applicable to the cell therapy market
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, creative, self-motivated, flexible to work in a small company environment and assume a wide variety of tasks
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth mindset
This is Cellares
Cellares is creating the future of cell therapy manufacturing. The company is developing an innovative cell therapy manufacturing solution that is robust, cost-effective and scalable so that cell therapies are more affordable and widely available to patients in need. Our multidisciplinary team comes together from diverse backgrounds with a shared passion for accelerating access to life-saving cell therapies. We value integrity, curiosity, the courage to grow and embrace change. At Cellares, you will collaborate with a world class team of engineers, scientists, and business leaders who are as excited about improving the world as you are.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Cellares
Something looks off?