Systems Engineer (I,II,III)
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Cellares is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Systems Engineer, who will contribute significantly to the development of cell therapy systems that have never been realized before.
The primary focus of this role is to apply a system-thinking approach and techniques to design and develop a first-in-its-class instrument, collaborating with cross-functional teams of engineers and scientists. As a Systems Engineer, you will take ownership of a wide range of tasks pertaining to high value internal projects - from requirements capture and architecture development, to system prototyping and integration, verification and validation activities. During this process, you will be required to provide in-depth analysis and help guide important decisions during design reviews and architecture discussions.
This is a multidisciplinary role and you will interface across many parts of the company (with scientists, researchers, and other engineers) to develop the best solutions possible. The successful candidate will be a resident expert in the areas of systems engineering, fluidic control, and highly automated instrument development. This is a hands-on position.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Responsible for maintaining and refining system requirements and architecture: create and maintain documents, models & diagrams describing functional and physical decompositions, interface definitions, flow diagrams
- Support architecture definition by working with subsystem design teams to align overlapping design requirements /constraints and drive teams in developing concepts, evaluating risks, and efficiently converging on a design path
- Provide support to sub-system engineers in the development of models that guide lower level design decisions
- Assist teams with complex root-cause analysis in which there are many possible root causes that involve various areas of physics, using a structured approach for problem solving
- Work closely with other members of the team to formulate, execute and analyze verification and validation activities
- BS or MS in Physics or Engineering with 0-6 years of extensive, hands-on experience in the development of analytical instrumentation, biotech automation, or similar is required
- Hands-on experience designing and integrating in the lab highly complex instrumentation prototypes that combine fluidic handling, electronic sensors, robotics
- Working knowledge of requirements and risk management tools like JamaConnect, IBM Doors, Windchill, Orcanos or TeamCenter is desirable
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, or high level scripting software languages, for modeling, simulation and data processing
- Working knowledge of Statistical Design of Experiments, Data Analysis and Visualization, with SW tools such as: JMP, Minitab, Tableau
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated track record of rapidly climbing steep learning curves
- Prior experience working in ISO regulated environments ( ISO 13485, ISO 14791)
- Creative, self-motivated, flexible to work in a small company environment and assume a wide variety of tasks
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth mindset
This is Cellares
Cellares is creating the future of cell therapy manufacturing. The company is developing an innovative cell therapy manufacturing solution that is robust, cost-effective and scalable so that cell therapies are more affordable and widely available to patients in need. Our multidisciplinary team comes together from diverse backgrounds with a shared passion for accelerating access to life-saving cell therapies. We value integrity, curiosity, the courage to grow and embrace change. At Cellares, you will collaborate with a world class team of engineers, scientists, and business leaders who are as excited about improving the world as you are.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Cellares
Something looks off?