Accounting & Finance
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2023
We are seeking a Senior Cost Accountant to join our finance team and be a strong independent contributor to accounting operations, financial reporting, and internal controls.
The primary focus of this position is to analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Prepare and complete internal cost audits. Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
This is a multidisciplinary role & this individual will further interface across many parts of the company to help drive business and financial results. The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor who has a proven track record of problem solving and process optimization. This is a hands-on position.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP
- Develop the costing methodology for inventory and management cost reporting
- Create and update standard costs for all raw materials, WIP, and finished goods
- Maintain standard costs in ERP system and ensure accuracy of BOMs
- Review manufacturing spend and evaluate performance against budget
- Prepare monthly management reporting package including KPI analysis
- Drive contribution margin reporting highlighting opportunities for improvement
- Build and maintain a costing model to support pricing for cost plus and fixed price contracts
- Research purchase price and production variances, investigate causes and drive corrections
- Support short-term and long-term forecast process including margin analysis at the company and product level
- Coordinate with supply chain on inventory reserves and ensure compliance with periodic cycle counts
- Responsible for general ledger account reconciliations of all inventory and cost of goods sold accounts
- Provide support for the annual physical inventory counts as needed
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as Sarbanes-Oxley; and review and update applicable SOX documentation as necessary
- Accounts Payable back-up and support
- Key contributor in SAP implementation and user-acceptance testing
- Adherence to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Assist in general corporate accounting matters and ad hoc projects or requests
- BA/BS or equivalent in accounting or related field
- 5+ years of corporate accounting experience with a combination of Big 4 Public Accounting and Industry
- Previous experience with cost accounting is required
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Quick learner, ability to identify issues and resolve problems by applying critical thinking to complex accounting issues
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and internal controls
- Strong Excel skills
This is Cellares
Cellares is creating the future of cell therapy manufacturing. The company is developing an innovative cell therapy manufacturing solution that is robust, cost-effective and scalable so that cell therapies are more affordable and widely available to patients in need. Our multidisciplinary team comes together from diverse backgrounds with a shared passion for accelerating access to life-saving cell therapies. We value integrity, curiosity, the courage to grow and embrace change. At Cellares, you will collaborate with a world class team of engineers, scientists, and business leaders who are as excited about improving the world as you are.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Cellares
Something looks off?