Reliability & Test Engineer (I,II,III)
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2023
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Reliability and Test Engineer with a focus on consumables and automation equipment who will contribute significantly to the development of our advanced cell therapy manufacturing platform.
This role & individual will interface across many parts of the company (with scientists, researchers, and engineers) to develop the best solutions possible.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on expertise in testing prototype consumables and instruments. Cellares’ Reliability & Test Engineer is responsible for validating the fluidic, thermal, electrical and mechanical reliability of components and systems throughout our product line. We are seeking a multi-faceted Engineer supporting our R&D efforts.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared to tackle a broad selection of challenges as the company grows.
- Assemble, troubleshoot and test prototype consumables, instruments and test benches
- Work closely with Mechanical, Electrical, Controls and Fluidics R&D Engineers to characterize critical to function components
- Provide tight close loop feedback to design team, as well as input to improve mechanical and electrical equipment and infrastructure
- Spearhead reliability testing
- Collecting and interpreting data from a variety of data acquisition systems
- Conducting failure analysis and provide detailed information surrounding failures found along with teardown reports, pictures and data logs
- Designing, debugging and troubleshooting test equipment
- Lead stress characterization of appropriate usage conditions
- Lead and document FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Develop acceleration models and accelerated tests
- Develop new reliability test specifications, plans and procedures
- Apply design of experiments (DOE)
- In-depth research into applicable failure mechanisms
- Contribute to failure analysis and use correct methodology to identify root cause of failures
- Oversee reliability testing and analysis through product lifecycle
- Provide accurate and in-depth statistical analysis and reliability reports
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement mitigations for reliability risks
- Bachelor or Master in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability. Senior roles available for more experienced candidates.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in commissioning complex electro- mechanical systems
- Passion for understanding and improving complex systems
- High-voltage electrical (AC and DC) and mechanical systems
- Experienced in instrumentation and data acquisition design
- Background in optics or mechanics
- Creative, self-motivated, flexible to work in a small company environment and assume a wide variety of tasks
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level
- Self-awareness, integrity, authenticity, and a growth mindset
Annual Salary Range: $90,000 - $210,000
Cellares total compensation package contains competitive base salaries, highly subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, 401(k) Matching, Free EV Charging, Onsite lunches, and Stock options. All displayed pay ranges are approximate, negotiable, and location dependent.
This is Cellares
Cellares is creating the future of cell therapy manufacturing. The company is developing an innovative cell therapy manufacturing solution that is robust, cost-effective and scalable so that cell therapies are more affordable and widely available to patients in need. Our multidisciplinary team comes together from diverse backgrounds with a shared passion for accelerating access to life-saving cell therapies. We value integrity, curiosity, the courage to grow and embrace change. At Cellares, you will collaborate with a world class team of engineers, scientists, and business leaders who are as excited about improving the world as you are.
Leveling will be based on overall experience, education, and demonstration of knowledge throughout the interview process.
See more open positions at Cellares
Something looks off?