Sr. DevOps Engineer
With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Sr DevOps Engineer will be responsible for design and implementation of Cloud automation and orchestration for the BrightInsight platform, ensuring environments are deployed and running with high performance, quality, security, and compliance. The BrightInsight platform is a cloud-based platform for the healthcare industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health data to be used for patient diagnosis and management. You will work closely with the product, development, data science, and operations team to ensure successful execution of the projects.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Passionate customer focus
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Responsible for automation of configuration management of all development, staging, and production environments as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Design, build, and optimize automation systems that operate web, mobile, and cloud-based platforms
- Develops self-service solutions to support delivery of software with great speed, security, reliability, and quality
- Keep up with industry best practices and trends on DevOps, and drive implementation of best practices
- Research, onboard, and contract negotiations of appropriate technology tools and services
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- 5-8 years’ experience in DevOps, SRE, or Continuous Integration role.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud automation, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and use of Open-source Software (OSS).
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, or Bash.
- Significant experience with public cloud technologies.
- Experience working with internal and external development teams.
- Have launched production-quality applications in an Agile environment.
- Experience in data pipelines, and data analytics tools like Tableau, Apache Airflow.
- Experience in managing and automating large-scale infrastructure.
- An understanding of Distributed Systems and Scalable Architectures.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Terraform, Packer, Vault, or Ansible.
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Strong programming and analytical experience with a variety of automation tools.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- 2+ years of similar work experience in the digital health industry.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience releasing medical device digital solutions.
- Familiarity with Medical Device development regulations.
- Familiarity with health and data privacy regulations.
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.
Something looks off?