Manager, Engineering - Platform
With over 400 million connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and MedTech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and MedTech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
BrightInsight is transforming its infrastructure platform into self-service, product-based and customer-focused outcomes. If you have a strong background in infrastructure technologies and enjoy a fast-paced environment, consider a career in BrightInsight. The Manager of Platform Engineering will be responsible for operating and delivering capabilities related to infrastructure platforms and capabilities. This position will be responsible for managing a technical team that delivers solutions and business processes. This role will be responsible for supporting, evangelizing, and implementing industry operational best practices. This position will interface with front-end and back-end developers, our architecture team, and will support our engineers to provide best in class solutions that consist of both business and technical tasks.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the team to drive initiatives from idea formulation to design and implementation by following best practices in developing at scale on large, distributed teams, including modular app architecture, frameworks, build pipeline, on-prem and cloud.
- CI/CD, testing, observability, etc.
- Provide vision, set technical direction, and lead the team to achieve it.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to set priorities and measure effectiveness.
- Participate in essential technical, design, and product discussions with teams across the organization.
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team's patterns, practices, and processes.
- Build and maintain a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring, mentoring, and coaching.
What you’ll need:
- 8-12+ years of technical experience with demonstrated progression of responsibilities.
- Experience implementing solutions with tools like Chef, VMware, Linux, Tomcat, Apache, Cassandra, Kafka, MQ, NodeJS, F5, Infoblox, Sensu.
- Bachelor’s in computer science.
- Strong understanding of software design/architecture process.
- 3-5+ years direct people management or 6 or more years indirect team leadership.
- 4+ years of experience working in development, infrastructure, or operations teams.
- 4+ years of experience developing with Ruby, Java, Python, Perl, PHP or similar (React, Vue, Angular).
- 4+ years of experience working in micro-services in cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- DevOps experience and mindset.
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities.
- Experience with Agile Development.
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.